Monday, June 5, 2017

Hangover Invitational - Summer 2017 Recap

After much debate, 10 of 15 league members followed the old "mandatory" rules (Reid and Katie left slightly early but whatever). We agreed to play for an extra $10 per person in a winner-take-all side game on Sunday. A few attempted to back out of that bet...

In all... 12 of 15 league members showed up. Our two oldest looking members, Gorecki and Gary, were a little late. It was a great time, with Darren "winning" the night. No penalties needed. No need to unfairly disrupt the lives of Troy, Casey or Anthony by giving them the "show up or be disqualified" ultimatum. No need to explain why JW, Geoff and Tall Mike are incapable of empathy toward different lifestyles. And definitely no need to devalue coveted DPT Points by handing them out to those who are still physically able to drink for 4+ straight hours.

Just an officially recognized USGA club holding a social gathering in compliance with Decision 2/7: "In order to be able to utilize the USGA Handicap System, the golf club must have group cohesion. Group activities should go beyond playing in tournaments. There should be a group orientation policy and other functions, such as group meetings, award banquets and the like."

Seriously though... fun times at The Red Dog.

As for the actual golf... Chandler's (hey, that's me!) national nightmare is over. Twenty one straight tournaments without a win, suddenly snapped by a 4-stroke beat-down of the field, thanks to 4 birdies on a wet Scotland-like day.

Outside of the winner, the golf was VERY competitive. Five players were at -3 or -2, creating a logjam and spreading out points and money. JW, Brendan and Troy had chances to get to solo 2nd, but were eaten up by the daunting 18th hole. While Casey and Reid couldn't quite get off the bogey train.

Very difficult day out there... but glad we were able to get it done.

-----------------------------------------

We are off for TWO weeks as 47% of the league heads out to Scotland. I'm going to attempt to post quick daily recaps of our trip... but we'll see how that goes. I might use SnapChat like I did at last year's Rapture.

When we return, we'll be playing our 2nd Major on June 25th at Southern Hills at 11am (club rules now restrict us playing any earlier). We have a hard cap of 20 spots reserved. So get your RSVP updated or you'll be left off the list when it fills. Seven league members are currently "???," which I interpret as "OUT."

-----------------------------------------

The following people owe me $160 for The Rapture: Gary, Dave, Gorecki, Reid.

Troy and Anthony are not "officially" out yet. When they are I'll let their replacements know they can submit payment.

17 comments:

casey rease said...

Knickers only could add some group cohesion. Or awesome hats. I.e.; Brendan and I.

J.W. said...

Damn. Anyone of the several strokes I left out there and I wouldn't be cast to 17th in the DPT rankings and no longer listed on the board. Casey Anthony being listed on the rankings is slightly humorous, though.

Chandler said...

Time to expand the board! #growthegame #growtheboard

J.W. said...

And since Gary hasn't checked it, I'll just tell myself to play better to move up the board. Oh, and #hashtag.

I've always wanted to have Casey Anthony on top of me, though. She's pretty progressive with her abortion rights views, but she's kind of hot in a trashy, Orlando way.

Chandler said...

Most major purchases give you a 5+ year warranty. Why should it be different with children? They're one of the most expensive things you can own!

J.W. said...

Also, a second place finish moved me down a spot in the rankings. And I was already second lowest. That's not good.

Chandler said...

Yeah I noticed and researched that. Basically it was Casey jumping up due to his lower differential of games (11 vs 15). You did increase in avg points.

There might be a change to how rankings are calculated once I work out the kinks in it. Something that will slightly reward people who play more events.

Jess said...

Did Chandler really just call people out for not being empathetic??? Oh the irony!

Chandler said...

Be the change you want to see in the world?

Katie said...

LEFT EARLY TO GO TO ANOTHER BAR AND DIDNT GET HOME TIL 2:30 AM SO THERE

Chris Faz said...

Katie with the ol' Gary CAPS LOCK move...nice.

Chandler said...

Still an unfair advantage. I had to talk to Gorecki for an hour longer than you did.

Katie said...

Touché. Not sure what direction the dash should go on the e

Chandler said...

That's the correct way.

Mike Gorecki said...

Update the ppl that still owe you list as I paid you on Monday

Michael Hauch said...

I think I updated my rsvp but I'm in for southern hills

Chandler said...

Yeah I got you. As you change your RSVPs it'll automatically update the list on the right side of the blog.