Yesterday we had our first rain out, which tends to happen in the summer. Course conditions at the time we cancelled were "cart path only," which indicates there was a lot of standing water. Westchase is one of the worst draining courses in the area.
While the decision to cancel the week inconvenienced at least one team, 9 of the 11 responses from the league were to take the week off (which includes Bito who flip-flopped and decided to go to the pub all day).
But it's OK, shit happens. Since E-Flo and Buchanan made us push the playoffs to August, we still have the original playoff date open. I've moved the match-ups from yesterday to July 24th. I think E-Flo and Buchanan are out this day due to SCUBA lessons... so we might play on Saturday the 23rd instead. Let me know if any of those dates are an issue for you.
Next weekend we have off due to the Fourth of July holiday. So you have plenty of time to hit the range or take a break to forget all your bad habits.
In other news, four of us hit up Waterlefe last Friday for $25. The course was awesome and definitely worth the drive to Bradenton. I highly recommend it, but bring a lot of balls because there is water on every hole.
I think it was a good move to cancel.. Just sucked we didnt get to fish sunday.
ReplyDeleteWaterlefe was one of the most fun courses I have played. SO worth the $25 and the drive. I'll be doing it again for sure.
ReplyDeleteWaterlefe deals are around $48 per person on the weekend. We'll have to go down there on one of those many Fridays we don't work.
ReplyDeleteI saw one today for $15 per person.
♫ ♪ Friday, Friday....Gotta play golf on Friday...♪ ♫ ♪
ReplyDeleteI'm game for golf on Fridays. Especially Friday July 8th when my wife will be out of town. nudge nudge.
ReplyDeleteI cant play on fridays.. You guys dont have work?
ReplyDeleteSort of. Geoff, Buchanan and Bito don't currently work Fridays for various reasons. Reid and myself take a bunch of Fridays off.
ReplyDeleteBito... No dice on the 8th. Maybe the 22nd, though.