Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kickoff Open - Results

We got extremely lucky with the course conditions and weather. In what was sure to be a rainy flooded day... turned out to be a sunny damp day.

But Stoneybrook is a very difficult course in dry conditions. And we had soggy fairways that wouldn't roll the ball and washed out bunkers. Not ideal. Despite that, three players grinded out some good scores.

Geoff shot a career best 43 on the front nine to take a 14 stroke lead going into the back. At the turn I considered the tournament over, and the rest of us fighting for 2nd place money and points. But only six holes later, that lead was lost and Geoff was still struggling to finish the round.

My dad was able to catch up thanks to +3 performance on holes 9 through 17. But he choked the day away by putting two tee-shots into the water on the final hole.

Thanks to those collapses and an insanely hot putter, I was able to pull ahead with a career best 36 on the back nine. In fact, I only had 13 putts on that side, which I attribute to not playing with Justin.

-----------------------

Next week we're playing Northdale for the Geoff Skins Game. There's a tournament going on in the morning so the earliest we can tee off is 12:30pm ($32). I've already booked two tee times, and with Gorecki playing we only have two spots remaining. Bito claims hes got some guys who want to come join for fun... so he better commit before 2 B's and/or the Asians do.

4 comments:

  1. That front nine was the most fun I've had golfin in a long time. The back nine... Not so much. Penalties and a poor short game cost me a win. That and Chandler played out I his mind on the back! Still, a great way to start the new league.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary Brown had a greenie that isn't listed on his stat sheet.

    ReplyDelete