Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Who's Gonna Win?

Looking at the handicaps, I'm thinking Justin or Geoff.

Justin can take our money if he limits the penalty strokes and shoots 86 or 87. If Geoff plays smart golf and doesn't implode after a few bad shots, I can see him shooting an un-beatable 95 or 96. Both have seen the course so they should remember where they made mental mistakes (ie: #10).

Reid is a dark horse. Because he's dark.

Bito is the odds-on favorite to buy us a pitcher of beer, after the 116 he shot at Stoneybrook two weeks ago.

We still have two spots open.

Don't forget to bring plenty of cash for gambling, and maybe even an extra $10 so you can pay me for the US Open pool.

**Update**
My dad is taking the 7th spot, which means a couple of things.  1) I'm now picking him as the favorite since he can easily go low 80's despite being in a horrible slump.  2) second place now gets money.

Bito is also now OUT... so two spots back open. Ask your friends.

Bito claims he's back in.

Bring a rain jacket. It's gonna rain.

15 comments:

  1. I don't like that positive shit talking. It's only Wednesday and you are trying to get in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to send you my score from the other day. I shot a 95. Can my handicap be bumped up a little?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha a 95 for you would be thrown out. You need like 10 95s for it to help.

    but did you really play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I just don't like my chances. I'm pissed I'll be out of town next weekend. I love skins tournaments.

      Delete
  4. I thought Gorecki was playing in this too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faz... I'm in the same boat. I've played so well during the "pre-season" that I'll probably be struggling to win events.

    Geoff... Gorecki is playing in the Gator Club tournament that day. Then he's moving to Atlanta. (one of those statements is true)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm told he retired from golf.

    True story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is Bito out? He burn through his soccer winnings already? I have a dollar that says he doesn't make even half of this season's events... who's in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. and what's with people "retiring" from golf? Souder, Gomex... I thought the whole point was to retire so you can play golf, no? Are they training for the shuffleboard circuit? Are pool aerobics in their future?

    ReplyDelete
  9. His kid ate his $1,300 winnings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bito is back in.

    Soccer winnings were closer to $1100. Well that shit went to bills, birthdays, anniversary, etc.


    And I'm am 100% in for the first 4 events.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So we have 8! Bring it on mofo's!!

    ReplyDelete