Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Faz Open Review

With no Chandler and the Bito/Dan drop outs, we were left with 4 DPT golfers (Geoff, Justin, Gorecki, Chris) and two amateurs (Jim Miller, Steve P.). Since Gorecki wanted to Ride with Steve and Justin with his dad, I just flipped a coin to see which pair Chris and I would be joining. I rode along with team Miller-Time and it went something like this... Holes 1 and 10 had fairway construction going on so instead of par fours, both were par threes, making the course a par 68. Which of course Gorecki complained that this change would be an advantage to lower handicapped players and i'm sure he bitched the whole day. I started the first 4 holes with 3 double-pars. My irons were errant and my driver was OB most of the front nine. Luckily I managed to squeeze in three pars, but still was losing to Justin by 4 at the turn. My back nine was marginally better, but our group only had one person hit a green on the 6 par threes of the day; sad. Our long drive hole was much the same. Justin hit is in the rough almost OB and I hit mine about 5 feet from that. We decided to make the next two par fours long drive bets between the two of us, so at least I got to win a couple bucks from the Bank of Ginger. I don't know how the other group fared, except, Faz played really well and took a bunch of money from Gorecki and co.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to report all kinds of funny Gorecki stories but there was minimal bitching. He was probably too busy calculating all the money he owed me as I peppered greens and fairways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't back out for the record. Not sure why people thought I was playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always assume you're playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bito, its cause of your "backing out" that made us re pair the groups. Makes me wonder if I was placed originally with Miller & son if I wouldve played better AND not lost money due to an UNFAIR amount of greenies.

    Add this one to the Virtual Gorecki: "Long Par 3's favors lower handicappers" hence Chris cleaning up last weekend.

    ReplyDelete