Monday, August 6, 2012

Early Bird & Other Things

Getting up early sucks. Sure, you have the rest of the day to do things... but that's wasted when you're so tired you just go home and nap.

Regardless, a full 8 person field showed up to take on Bloomingdale... and we all lost.

That course is hard. It shouldn't be, but it is. We had some of the worst scores as a group I've ever seen. Everyone played horribly, except for Gorecki who played "normal."

He should get a little more credit, as he constantly laid up on difficult holes in order to reduce the triple and quad bogeys. This strategy worked and he easily won by 4 strokes, shooting to the top of the money list.

------------------

We have 4 people signed up for the E-Flo Hangover. Summer field had tee times at 10:30am and 11am, so I booked both of those. If nobody else signs up (Justin, Ried, Robb etc) by Wednesday I'm going to cancel the 11am tee time.

------------------

Justin knows of some stay-and-play place in Sebring for the DPT Masters. An update on that will go out as soon as he locks it down.

------------------

Let me know if you're partaking in the PGA Championship best-ball event. Right now it's just me and Geoff.

2 comments:

  1. Sad part is if I bogey the three holes I took double par on I would have won. And I should have easily made bogey on all three. Just total bonehead mistakes probably due to the fact that I apparently thought we were supposed to still be drunk when we arrived at 7 frickin AM and spent the entire round trying not to hurl and/or shit myself. Just practicing for this week I guess.

    ReplyDelete