Monday, March 18, 2013

Jamaican Open - Recap

Plantation Palms is hard.

Chandler had eight pars in the first 11 holes to build a big enough cushion for victory, despite completely falling apart on the final seven holes.

Geoff played well, but ultimately suffered the same fate on the back nine... failing to record a single par. He finished 2nd by one stroke.

Everyone else played like poop. The scorecard is quite nasty.

Perhaps the most glaring part is the three 8's and a 9 recorded by Faz on the front. He started the day with 14 clubs in his bag... and I thought for sure he was going to finish the day with only 10.

---------------

We have six tournaments left, two of which are majors and worth more points. Our next tournament is on Saturday, March 30th. Everyone is IN except Darren and Scuba (who hasn't told me either way yet). I'll let you know when we're officially booked. Since we're probably playing at the Dunes, it's going to be a LONG day. Let's all go out drinking afterward when we finally get back to Tampa.

14 comments:

  1. I think that means I was only 12 over on the other 14 holes. Not too bad considering how awful I am lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't play well at all... Of my four pars on the front, two were off bad tee shots and a lot of luck. One off a house and the other chunked into the women's tee. And that back nine??? ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scoring well off bad shots is what the game is all about.

    Who is carpooling to The Dunes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well The Dunes told me their lowest rate right now is $42 + tax.

    So I'm going to look at a few other places. Cause that seems like a lot for a course we have to drive an hour to... which isn't renown like World Woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not finding better deals from anywhere decent... so some of you people look around the next week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll look. What time are we thinking for this tournament? 1:00ish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer to play relatively early. Just being selfish since I'm going to see Jerry Seinfeld later that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for AM tee times; haven't found anything under $40

    ReplyDelete
  9. Might as well play the dunes at like 1030 am for $42

    ReplyDelete
  10. So should we go with the dunes? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fine with me. Before 11 if we can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Done. Two tee times starting at 10:16am

    $42+ tax

    Start the car pooling discussion.

    ReplyDelete