Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Spring 2014 Season Award "Winners"

Geoff may have won the highly coveted DPT Cup this season but he's not the only winner around these parts.  Since this league is anything but a democracy I took it upon myself to hand out some other awards.  Feel free to add any additional awards in the comments.


Long Drive Champion
Chris Fazioli with a whopping 3...this is sad on a lot of levels.

Greenie Champion
Technically Chandler Brown with 10
Dan Rogers had 9 but only played 19 par 3s, which is a 47.4% success rate.

Sandie Champion
Geoff Leighly with 3
I played a lot of rounds with Geoff this season and his short game has come a long way.

Earnings Champion
Robert Reid with $63.01, which is $26.29 more than Gary in 2nd place, pretty impressive.

Rookie of the Year
JW - Only rookie with a win and earned a very respectable 161.67 DPT points per event, landing him in 6th overall.

The Birdie Man
Gary Brown with 8, which happens to be his favorite number seeing as how he put 14 of 'em on his card this season.

Fear the Bogey Man
Darren made bogey 43.21% of the time, which is deadly with a high handicap.  He has a cup in his future if he can get his "others" percentage down a little from the 41.36% it was at this season.

Mr. Thankful (for the double par max rule)
JW narrowly edged out Tall Mike by 3 with making an impressive 22 double pars out of a possible 108 holes.  I've personally witnessed JW's potential when he won the E-Flo Hangover Invitational but he'll need to keep it away from the white stakes next season if he wants to join me, Chandler, and Geoff at a celebratory dudes-only dinner.

Mr. Consistent
Dave Harrington, who is like the Steve Stricker of DPT.  He may have only showed up for 4 events, which is the league minimum for qualifying for the DPT Masters as well as these awards, but he usually kicked our asses.
- Gross Scoring: 1st (+13)
- Net Scoring: 2nd (+1)
- Pars or Better: 1st (47.22%)
- "Others": 1st (18.06%)
- Par 3 Scoring: 1st (3.56)
- Par 4 Scoring: 1st (4.83)
- Par 5 Scoring: 1st (5.63)

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo. I won two awards. I can't believe I maxed on 20% of my rounds. I think most of those came on par 3's. Amazing what a penalty stroke and a bad shot can do to get you to a 6.

    Also, as long as I've been recording my handicap (since 2012 at least), I have not once gotten a sandie. Impressed that Geoff got 3.

    ReplyDelete