Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chandler Classic Recap & Other Info

2014 Summer season is finally underway, and Faz came out swinging less times than the rest of us.

He shot an impressive 81 (gross) on a course that most of us played decent. After nine holes it was a three-man race between JW, Brendan and Faz. But JW faded quickly on the back nine with a few double and triple bogeys. Brendan had a decent lead until the 13th hole in the quarry, when he lost a couple of balls while recording his first double-par of the day. The collapse continued as Brendan finished +8 on the final three holes.

Faz made two birdies on the back nine, and just held on while everyone else imploded. He notched his 7th victory on tour (currently 3rd in all-time wins) and got back into the "black" on the money list.

Gary shot one under on his final three holes for solo 3rd. JW, Reid and Dave tied for 4th to split the remaining points.

----------------------------------------

Sorry we had to bolt as soon as the round was over. A few people had to rush over to the Rays game and other afternoon commitments. Nobody owed any pitchers of beer... so next week we'll relax a little in the clubhouse.

Speaking of next week... 10am at Southern Hills on Saturday, June 14th. They have an excellent (and free) practice facility so get there early! I'll be up there by at least 9am to take advantage of it.

As of now we have 13 league members playing. The payout will be large since this is a Major. Entry fee is $10 instead of the normal $5.

Pairings are up on the event page, but are subject to change if we add more guests.

----------------------------------------

Don't forget to send me money if you're entering the US Open pool. $10 to chandler.brown at the gmails. Tournament starts on Thursday so your money has to be in before they tee off.

----------------------------------------

Finally... week 3 is the Skins Game on Saturday, June 21st. I know of a few parties going on that day, including one at Treasure Island beach. I'll book us somewhere early so everyone has plenty of time to get to other events.

7 comments:

  1. I'm determined to play decent from the tips at Southern Hills. Adjust my handicap accordingly. Perhaps I'll be buying a pitcher or maybe I'll go unconscious and fire an 89.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although... it's only worth one extra stroke for you. So I'll be enjoying that pitcher of beer when you buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad to be the #1 ranked golfer in the world! That should last about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope for Geoff's sake he doesn't become the David Duval of world rankings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm out until the Par 3 Memorial. I'll probably have my 8 iron back by then, and hopefully the full use of both hands.

    ReplyDelete