Monday, June 23, 2014

Geoff Skins Game - Stats & (Un)interesting Facts

Chandler did a good job of summarizing the overall highs and lows produced by the difficult Cypress Creek, aka the Merion of our league, so I'll just list out some observations I find interesting. 

Group Highlights
Season-high 16 max double pars, 10 of which came on par 4s
 
Season-high 7 birdies, 2 of which came on the #2 handicap hole

Nobody made par on the par 4 5th, which played 390 yards straight into the wind and ended up with a 6.4 scoring average, the worst of the day

Easiest hole of the day was the short par 5 14th, which played to a 5.6 scoring average, our 2nd easiest par 5 of the season

Despite Darren's best effort, the back-9 played 22 shots easier than the front-9


Individual Highlights
Both Mike and Brendan made their first birdies since joining our exclusive DPT tour

Mike didn't realize the 14th hole was a par 5 until the 15th tee.  He thought I meant he had a chance for a "net eagle" as he was lining up his actual eagle putt from 10-12 feet...it was probably for the best

Brendan improved 11 strokes from the front to back-9

Darren did the opposite by shooting a 61 on the back after a 50 on the front...not fun to watch

Another fun Darren fact...this was his 2nd score of 111 (+39!) shot at this course in league play

Best 9-hole scores were 38s shot by Chris "mere mortal playing the white tees" Faz on the front-9 and Dan "just the tips" Rogers on the back-9

Dave played the par 3s in one under so I feel bad for the guys playing with him at Countryway...you better bring some ones for that man

Dan birdied 18 to play the par 5s in even par

Chris Guest definitely earned his skin on the toughest hole of the day by being the only player to make bogey, meaning he would have won the skin even if we played straight up without strokes

Geoff's complaints about playing Cypress Creek are hilarious seeing as how he shot a net 64 there a year ago in the E-Flo Hangover Invitational...I have a feeling he loved it that day



I hope everyone practices their short game this week and hits putts in their lawn to prepare for Countryway's greens.

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait til June 29st to get back into DPT play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you're on the lush fairways of Countryway... you might be wishing you took another week off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be clear, everyone's goal is to be on 7 of 18 fairways. If you're on other ones it means you missed the green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see no one noticed why I wrote 29st. Blog editors are lazy these days.

    My game isn't deserving of nice grass, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We run a pretty shoddy operation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got rid of it. But don't worry. Everyone plays the tips at countryway!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last week is erased from my mind. I've never heard of Cypress Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's really nice. Greens and fairways are always in good shape. It's fairly cheap year-round.

    I'll take you down there some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we're all playing he tips, does that mean Dan has to tee off from the previous green?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent idea.

    And don't feel bad for Dan. He chooses to play the tips. We don't make him hit the ball so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another letter to the editor..as I recall, I birdied #17 at Southern Hills last week. So while, unfortunately, this is only my 2nd birdie in my not so illustrious DTP tour career, you've got me wishing you were talking about my first eagle instead..but I sure messed that up, didn't I? I'm still pissed..less than a centimeter...damn.

    Looking forward to putting in the rough, I mean Country Way greens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, you're totally right. Two birdies in two events. Look out for this guy.

    ReplyDelete