Monday, June 30, 2014

Gorecki Par-3 Memorial - Summer 2014 Recap

At the last minute, Gorecki decided to once again show up to his tournament. And it was hot. Really hot. Almost like we were in Hell, instead of heavenly Countryway. Gorecki almost owed the league a pitcher of beer, but apparently he was given one too many gimmie putts.

The course conditions weren't as terrible as I feared. Some greens were beat up, the others were perfectly fine (just slow).

Faz once again pounded the field early, but faded slightly on the back nine. He almost locked up the DPT Cup before the season is half over. Sure... someone could string together a few wins and challenge him. But you people really need him to finish out of the points.

Faz's parade was ruined by Gary, who shot -2 on his final 11 holes to win by 3 strokes. Four birdies might be a league record in one round... and he possibly recorded the first ever sub-par nine (more research needed to confirm this).

Geoff somewhat returned to form, shooting his first under-par (net) round since last April. Tall Mike played solid to finish 4th. Dave collapsed on two holes, ruining a pretty decent day of golf. John and Chandler tied to collect the remaining points.

In Official Golf Ranking news... Dave made the list and Mr. Retired Reid reclaimed the top spot.

--------------------------------------

We are off this weekend for the 4th of July. I believe Darren is looking to play on the 6th so comment if you're interested.

--------------------------------------

Also... comment if you're in for the Fazioli Match Play on SUNDAY, July 13th. 

*Edit* - Reid phoned in to say he isn't retired... and will be at the match play event. It's kinda like Tiger returning from his multiple layoffs. Only with more triple bogeys if you can believe that.

5 comments:

  1. I'm in for the 13th. Out for this weekend. I need to get my knee checked out before I golf again. I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that I am in for the 13th and 19th, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most likely out for the Match Play event as I have to go back to working night shift for 10 weeks starting July 13th. If you guys were undouchey you would play on the 12th or 7:30am Sunday, but I know it won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah we already discussed moving to the 12th but others couldn't go. So we're defaulting to the original date selected.

    Guess nobody will complain about the ladies tees next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete