Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Gorecki Par-3 Memorial Tournament

It's time to register for everyone's favorite event! The Gorecki Par-3 Memorial, held at the lush fairways of Countryway Golf Course.

This season promises to be extra special for a few reasons. Gorecki actually moved back to Florida and now resides a few miles from Countrway, officially making this his home course. His baby should also be born before next week, so he'll actually be dead to the game of golf for the rest of his life. Basically, the tournament really is a "memorial."

Anyway... it's aeration season... it's hot... course will be extra shitty... all for just $14.

We're playing SUNDAY the 29th. Early morning (9ish). Comment if you're playing.

I know Darren is out. JW should be back in.

16 comments:

  1. Actually happy to be missing this one. The DPT should be above novelty par 3 courses. Yes Chandler, I'm talking to you!

    And I'm definitely out the weekend of July 12/13 also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you guys are way too harsh on this semiannual tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In. Also, can we move the hangover invitational to the weekend of the 12/13? No better way to celebrate Dub's bday (real, 7/11) than with a hangover during a golf tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Match Play needs to be in the middle of the season.

    But with Darren officially out now... we can play Saturday the 12th instead of Sunday the 13th (which is scheduled). Not sure if that's "better" for you guys but say something now or I'm leaving it Sunday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darren - You know skipping my event is like when tour players skip the Memorial or Bay Hill right? I won't say I'm mad...I'll just say I'm disappointed.

    Also, I don't believe 12th or 13th matters to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faz - can't be helped. It's my wife's Bday weekend. Heading to San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 13th is good for the hangover. A bunch of par 3's is not what my game has been playing to lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in for the Par 3 and the 13th but I can't do the 12th.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In and don't have a 12/13 preference

    ReplyDelete
  10. How come these Maltese characters only play the shittiest course on the face of the earth with us?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok we'll keep the Match Play on the 13th (Sunday).

    Hangover will still be Aug 2nd.

    And yeah, I'm kinda embarrassed they only come in town when we play this course. But I'd rather play Countryway than Southern Hills with cart path only!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd rather play putt putt than any non-legendary (up for debate on what that means) course cart path only. I'd rather walk than play cart path only.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Not my tournament
    2. Not my home course
    3. If I actually do make it an appearance I'm sad to admit the last time I played with the league was last season's par 3 at country way. This phenomenon must be broken.
    4. Finish this sentence for me as its becoming a weekly reply "Count me in for playing this week unless..."

    ReplyDelete