Darren has now won all three Majors in a row (dating back to last season) giving him 5 total. He is also the first league member to eclipse $200 in career earnings, and he's pretty much the only person who has a realistic chance of catching Faz in the standings.
Stoneybrook was in great shape on Saturday, with the field taking advantage of it. Historically the course had played 2.5 strokes over par. This past weekend, half the group was even or better with Darren shooting a lights out -7 (net). He only had one triple-bogey, with one birdie (net double eagle) easily making up for it.
Chandler had yet another runner-up finish in a Major, falling apart on the back nine until making birdie on the final hole to tie JW. The Dub's two pars and one birdie salvaged his round, posting -3 on the day. Brendan, Dave and Gary rounded out the top 5, with all shooting roller-coaster rounds.
Let's take a look at the historical performances of current league members:
| Name | Majors | 1st | 2nd | 3rd |
| Reid | 13 | 5 | 0 | 2 |
| Darren | 9 | 5 | 0 | 2 |
| Gary | 12 | 2 | 1 | 3 |
| Faz | 12 | 1 | 3 | 0 |
| Geoff | 13 | 1 | 2 | 0 |
| Gorecki | 4 | 1 | 1 | 0 |
| Chandler | 14 | 0 | 4 | 5 |
| Tall Mike | 4 | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| JW | 2 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| Dan | 5 | 0 | 0 | 2 |
| Dave | 3 | 0 | 0 | 1 |
| John | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 |
| Brendan | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Guest | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
------------------------------------
We have a bye this weekend, so rest up or work on your game. Be sure to report any rounds you play, especially if you don't currently have 20 rounds logged in our system.
The next event is the Hangover Invitational. I'll post details on this later... but you must attend the bar on August 1st (Friday) in order to have your round count the next morning. Who isn't going to be there other than Brendan? Dub said he'd make it... which is good since he's the new sponsor of the event.
Geoff and myself also had net double eagle birdies. Darren and Geoff's were net holes in one. Sandbaggers...
ReplyDeleteThree of the five group birdies came from people who were getting 26, 29, and 32 strokes. That's crazy. Thankfully that 32 is coming down for the hangover. It's embarrassing to get that many strokes in a round.
Speaking of the hangover, I have a bad feeling I'm going to get roped into work that Saturday. I'll do my best not to, but that would be 5 Saturdays in a row missing work with the out of town trips I'm taking. Being the new sponsor, I'll find a way to make it work, though. Maybe come in at 6 and then head to the course. Any way we can play by Brandon at a course that isn't Bloomingdale? Diamond Hill, perhaps, if that's a suitable course? Summerfield Crossings?
Also, I'll steal a page from Faz and have an award for the champion, because I think it's a fantastic idea. Probably in the form of a trophy. In the event of a tie, a chug off would be used to crown the winner of said trophy.
I have to work that Friday night 7p-7a does that qualify as attending the bar? I'll have zero sleep and the fresh smell of MRSA/FECES in my nose. Take a vote....
ReplyDeleteI vote "no," especially since you're mathematically eliminated from winning the season. But you should definitely show up and play anyway.
ReplyDeleteThere's a chance I might not be able to make the hangover round. I have a big freelance client that wants to get together in orlando, but I'm trying to see if we can reschedule. I'll keep you posted.
ReplyDelete