We have 8 people committed to the weekend of September 27th & 28th. Four more to go.
Reid... where you at? I think your kid will be about a month old at this point. You'll probably need to get away for a weekend.
Brendan... you're super interested. You tell the wife yet?
John and Tall Mike... you guys around?
Guest and Dan... sign up before anyone else does!
Once we get 10 commitments I'll call to reserve it and get the pricing details.
-----------------------------------------------------------
We're settled on the live draft, snaking the picks like you would in Fantasy Football. Immediately following the draft we'll create pairings for the first two rounds. Pairings for the final round (match play) will be decided the night before.
We still need to figure out what the winners get. Towels, shirts, etc would require us to find a custom place to print/embroider a logo (not the dudes one, apparently). We could always just bet money this time around.
I think those salami open golf balls turned out pretty solid. golfballs.com has all sorts of other stuff they do, too. I can be swag chair if we want to go that route.
ReplyDeleteI'd rather go the cash prize route this time. Who doesn't like money?
ReplyDeleteHow many of those did you get? I'm surprised you haven't lost them all yet.
ReplyDeleteI got 6. They're gone. I lost a lot that weekend figuring out how to swing injured. I still have some more sleeves at home, though, that were going to be prizes for runners up in drunkenness that we didn't get to give out.
ReplyDeleteWhere are we playing the hangover? Waterlefe?
ReplyDeleteI'd appreciate if we played closer to Tampa since john, mike, and I all need to get to a party after golf.
ReplyDeleteHasn't been decided. John, Mike, Faz etc kinda want it to be near New Tampa so they can rush over to Brendan's Bridal Shower.
ReplyDeleteHow about Lake Jovita if they give us a decent deal? If not... the other courses over there are Pebble Creek or Heritage Isles. Both are... kinda shitty for various reasons.
Party = bridal shower
ReplyDeleteAnywhere but Cypress Creek. Faz, are you trying to make the bridal shower sound more manly?
ReplyDeleteWe've already played there once this season. So don't worry. We won't have any repeats.
ReplyDeleteSince when do men go to bridal showers??
ReplyDeleteMen don't go to bridal showers. They do go to engagement parties though. And my fiancé said I can play in the Ryder Cup so no worries there. Give me back my man card
ReplyDeleteLet's list all the parties you apparently need to have when you start a family:
ReplyDelete- Engagement Party
- Bridal Shower
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
- Wedding + Reception
- Baby Shower
- Dad-chelor Party
- Baby's 1st Birthday with a Darren "Smash Cake"
It's out of control.
As long as you don't have one of those combo bachelor and bachelorette parties. Kind of defeats the purpose.
ReplyDeleteAlright..so looks like I have some decisions to make..
ReplyDelete1. Find a reputable MD to give me a CT scan on the hand or pray the hand heals itself?
2. Keep playing injured or shut it down in hopes of being healed in the for the DPT Ryder Cup?
Fuck.
You can obviously do whatever the hell you want but if your hand is still jacked up then you need to get that shit checked out.
ReplyDeleteNot sure what your symptoms are... But if it's a bad sprain there's nothing you can do other than Advil. And the pain will last a year.
ReplyDeleteGo get it checked out. And soon so you can be officially in or out of the Ryder Cup. There's three spots left.
Reid said he was in and the. Immediately said he might be in NJ. So I'm not counting him as in yet.
Working on the wife. Hope to have an answer soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you do to your hand? Schedule an appointment at Florida Ortho and get it checked out. Otherwise, Aleve > Advil.
ReplyDeleteOnly bc Big John called me a pussy will I be there Saturday. I have a softball game from 8-9 pm Friday so I might be a little late the the drinking festivities..but since I don't think it will be possible to be more hungover than I was last time we played, I'm going to go ahead and say that will be okay!
ReplyDeleteYou can catch up when you get there.
ReplyDelete