![]() |
| Jamaican by association? |
Before Saturday, Chandler had played 21 events without making more than one double par in a single round. Unfortunately, he made two 8s on par-4s and even threw in an additional 8 on a par-5, which ended his other streak of 23 events without having to buy a pitcher. The one streak still alive for this once great contender is his 16 events played since his last victory. To ease his pain a little, I'll point out that he made birdie on the par-4 3rd hole, which everybody else but Brendan made double bogey or worse on. Good luck Team Red!
The typically consistent Irish Dave had played 10 events with making at least one par or better on a par-3 but the streak ended on Saturday with him making bogey on all four par-3s. I'm not sure what led to his shaky performance but I'd personally love to see him straighten things out and earn his first career victory this weekend.
Historically it hasn't exactly been my style to not have at least one blow up hole per round but somehow this season I played 101 holes without making worse than double bogey. This streak ended on the 17th hole after a hooked drive into the water followed by the worst wedge shot from 100 yards I've hit in several months. It was fun while it lasted...
On a positive note, Chris Guest ended his streak of holes played without making a birdie on his 92nd hole of the season. He also made two pars and eight bogeys on his way to a 3rd place finish, the highest of his short career.
And yes, Darren FINALLY made par on a par-5. It only took him 23 tries!

Damn! I'm sorry I missed out on chandler buying a pitcher. That beer must have been SO tasty!
ReplyDeleteHow'd the Schwartz tournament go?
ReplyDeleteIt was fun, too bad it's the last year.
ReplyDelete