Monday, January 19, 2015

Chandler Classic - Spring 2015 Recap

The weather was beautiful... the scores were ugly.

Heritage Harbor kicked most of our asses once again this weekend, reminding us that golf is difficult and all the off-season practice doesn't really mean much in tournament play.

Darren beat out our largest field ever (14 members), shooting the only under par net score of the day. His round of -1 edged out Gary and Guest who finished even par. Guest was running away with the tournament early, until he had a stretch of +13 over 5 holes. And Gary missed a makeable par putt on 18 giving Darren the solo victory.

In other league news... Gorecki unveiled his new swing and hit a bunch of decent shots. But he had trouble staying away from the hazards and racked up 10 penalty shots.

E-Flo decided to give golf another try, and joined us with his stale (but fairly high) course handicap of 25. Despite the seemingly large amount of strokes, he entered the rare "Double Pitcher" zone with a net 94. It's only the second time in league history someone bought two pitchers... the first being Steve P's mind blowing second round at the inaugural DPT Masters. JW and Faz also bought pitchers giving us a record total of 5 in the clubhouse.

---------------------------------------------

For the new guys... or veterans who never paid attention... this blog has every piece of information you'll ever need. Use the "Date" links in the schedule to view the results page. From there you can find a detailed scorecard for the tournament. We also have course details with scorecards, maps, reviews and average greens fees. Every member has their own profile page with a history of handicap revisions and every round ever recorded by the league. And there's a detailed stats page showing all-time wins and earnings.

Basically... if you see a blue link... you should click it.

---------------------------------------------

Guest is the newest member to qualify for the Offical Golf Rankings, making his debut at #10. These rankings will determine who is eligible for the 2015 Ryder Cup. In order to make the list, you need 8 rounds in the previous rolling 18. I believe Dan is one round away from joining the rankings.

---------------------------------------------

I have 12 people in for next week. Basically it's everyone from week 1 minus Dan, E-Flo and Brendan. I'm still waiting to hear from Geoff, so if he's in we might have 4 groups. I'll post the details Monday afternoon.

I also got a couple of requests to move tournaments from Saturdays to Sundays. Weeks 1 and 2 are already on Sunday. I believe the rest are Saturday. If ANYONE has an issue with doing this please make a comment. I'm not going to move anything until I get a decent response from everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Saturday's are generally better for me. Sunday's are for Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll consider your Jesus when you show up to a few tournaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we are keeping count... Tall Mike prefers Sunday's (actually his woman does). E-Flo says he can really only play Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fall into the "don't care" category.

    ReplyDelete