Monday, January 26, 2015

Skins Game Recap - Spring 2015

The Skins Game is our only tournament where you can win and still lose money. Luckily for Ben, he made birdie on the final hole to avoid this anomaly. His sneaky good round of 78 earned his second victory on tour and vaulted him to 2nd in the standings. 

The course was in great shape, and we will definitely try to return next season. But it did live up to the hype as a difficult track. Only Ben was under par on the day, and three people entered the Pitcher Zone due to abundant penalty strokes. 

The entire league failed to par either of the par 5s on the back side. And only Faz made par on the first one. The scorecard is covered in red numbers... with most of us collapsing down the stretch. 

--------------------

We are off this weekend for Gasparilla. All future tournaments have been moved to SUNDAYS. As of now I have everyone who played yesterday in for week 3 (2/8/15), along with Brendan. Let me know if this isn't the case. I also need to hear from Dan, Geoff and Big John if he hasn't had surgery yet.  

We hope to play Southern Hills but it'll depend on the rate.

4 comments:

  1. Even though I voted for Sunday's this move to 2/8 instead of 2/7 eliminates me from playing. No worries though as I probably wont be able to make it to many events given my work schedule and having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hopefully you make it to a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't know until that week, but I'm hoping to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure Big John's surgery is this Monday so he's going to be out for a while.

    ReplyDelete