Monday, February 9, 2015

DPT Open - Spring 2015 Recap

Another week, another new winner on tour. Tall Mike dominated the course, which has become a high-handicapper’s paradise. His 6-under (net) round is even more head-scratching when you consider it took him twelve holes to make a par, with only two on the day in total. Regardless, Mike earned his first ever victory, a handful of cash, and a large rise in the Official Golf Rankings.

Darren was right on his heels and missed his 4th victory at Southern Hills by one stroke. If only he didn’t 4-putt the 4th hole. But bad putting plagued the entire league, as SoHills has some of the most frustrating greens in the area. Chandler also had a 4-putt, and Guest achieved the rare 5-putt. There weren’t that many double-pars (7 in total)… but there also weren’t many pars in general.

In any case, the season is currently a race between Tall Mike and Darren. They’ll battle head-to-head at the next event on February 22nd. If you’re in for the Match Play… make a comment or let me know ASAP. I’ll be locking the groups down this weekend.

Enjoy the next weekend off.

14 comments:

  1. Based on standings. So assuming Darren is in you'll be playing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for my own event. What a concept...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In but don't you dare find another "cart path only on the par 5's" course. I'll be completing the gasparilla distance classic the day prior so legs r gonna be jello.
    I'll wear my medal to the course to make you jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be in, just so I can play Gorecki. It's fun taking his money. Though it's too far out to be 100%, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drove in the fairways on all but the first par 5.

    Geoff... I'll count you in but depending on the numbers we might need to up that confidence percentage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geoff is like the boy who cried wolf. Chandler is on to you saying you're in every week yet continue to be a no show.

    And the pairings are based on rankings so good luck getting paired with elite members of 14th place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reid kept yelling back at Guest cause they kept driving in the fairways on the Par 5's. Guest never acknowledged so after awhile Dave finally goes "Reid your yelling voice doesn't travel very far" We then proceeded to compare him to a duck who's quack doesn't echo. Such a strange phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea what the duck you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny..LOL. Come to think of it, I've never heard a Jamaican yell either, "...no worries mon".
    I'm in for the Match Play.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sort your numbers out and keep me in the loop. I never know until mid week what my weekends will look like. If you have an even number of groups, no worries. I can always put in work.

    ReplyDelete