Tuesday, March 10, 2015

DPT Championship - This Sunday

Gorecki and I have been striking out all day trying to find a suitable course for this weekends Major. 

The plan was to play Eaglebrooke which is an awesome course out in Lakeland... but they wouldn't give us any group rates. They also said the only discount (from $85) I could get was online. That knocked it down to $60 but required a $75 deposit for me to reserve three groups.

Not going to happen.

Crescent Oaks and the Eagles wanted us... but both have events and didn't have tee times available.

Stoneybrook wouldn't give us a discount and their rate is a bit steep this time a year. TPC Tampa was willing to give us 30% off... but that still made it $95+ per person. Hunters Green offered us $97. And Lake Jovita wouldn't go below $75.

So at this point I'm just trying to get us on somewhere. I was about to pull the trigger on Cypress Creek, which is "Major worthy", but was hesitant because even they are about $55.

Anyway, a couple guys suggested we bite the bullet and go up to Brooksville CC. So that's the plan. 11:00am for $41 plus tax.

The league has played there before. It's interesting for 4 holes... and kinda blah for the other 14. And definitely a little tricked-up (but then again... I say that about most courses). There is a range so get there early. No excuses since we're playing later than usual.

We got one spot open. See you all up there. 

DO NOT
 speed through Brooksville if you take that route. My dad got a ticket going to the course last month... and he's the slowest driver in our league.

No comments:

Post a Comment