I walked off the course yesterday loudly complaining that I was moving up to play the gold tees with Gorecki this weekend. Fox Hollow is a 6,400+ yard par-71 course... which means it actually plays 6,500+. And it is a beast. I literally didn't even bother going at the green in two on a bunch of the par 4s... instead hitting away from trouble and hopefully scrapping out a bogey.
But after a couple of beers inside, and chatting about the league's "tee it forward" conundrum, I'm going to stay put and just take a beating. After all... it is a Major, and I'm the PGA equivalent of Ben Crane.
The course is excellent and in phenomenal shape. They have some of the best greens in town, fairways are fluffy and the rough is isn't too deep. I really liked the layout as well... but there is a TON of water/marsh and OB. So help your playing partners out and watch their tee shots closely.
The winner this week will be the bomber with the fewest penalty strokes. A higher handicapped player could win... but only if they scramble and play smart bogey golf. Darren and myself literally have zero chance, and at best could shoot around even par (net).
The head pro is going to give us free range balls so get there early to warm up. Tee time is at 8:30AM. Some of you might even make it home before your WAGs wake up. But don't promise them anything!
----------------------------------
Only FOUR people have yet to pay for the Ryder Cup: Guest, Tall Mike, Brendan and Gorecki. Bring me $80 cash on Sunday or pay me on PayPal. After this weekend I'm going to reach out to the "alternates," and I expect the final spots to fill up fast.
Sounds like fun! I'll tee it forward like Gorecki and play what ever tees you guys are playing. 6400 is decent size for a par 71
ReplyDeleteI'm in for fox hollow and PayPal'd my $80 for Ryder Cup
ReplyDeleteIf anyone sees tall mike or guest... Tell them to stop slacking. I know of people eying their spots...
ReplyDeleteThe only slacking I've been doing was not checking out the blog. So i had no idea about all this tom-foolery. My bad. I was told about some idle threats so here I am. Chandler, you shall receive some PayPal doll-hairs later today.
ReplyDeleteI figure you weren't reading this site. Send me your money!
ReplyDeleteSo are we moving up to 6,000 yards this week? Jack can't be wrong with his tee it forward commercials.
ReplyDeleteYou can if you want. Let me know. I'm gonna suck it up this one time and just buy another pitcher.
ReplyDeleteI'll do whatever the consensus is. Guess I'll buy a pitcher with you.
ReplyDeleteAfter you and I get beat down, we'll have this as an excuse to tee it forward in later tournaments. #neverforget
ReplyDeleteA lot of bitching and moaning for a guy who shot 84 and Gary shot 82.
ReplyDeleteI just reviewed the league rules and somehow a no bitching rule is not included. In the spirit of our great nation's recently celebrated anniversary of independence, I would propose a First Amendment: No Whining!
ReplyDeleteTo be clear, that was just a joke. Amendments to the league rules is a can of worms I'd rather keep sealed.
ReplyDeleteIt was an amazing 84 considering I had 6 GIR. Gary's 82 isn't a surprise since his 60 year old 270 yard drives didn't spray until the last hole (natural 8). He should have broken 80!
ReplyDeleteBitching and whining is more American than hotdogs, which were "invented" in Germany.
If I buy a voluntary pitcher can I have Gorecki switched to a different group? I kid I kid... Not really
ReplyDeleteI don't plan on bringing any creams for his rash outbreaks.
ReplyDelete