Tuesday, August 18, 2015

2015 Ryder Cup Preview

First, the pairings so we can easily reference it this weekend:

Round 1 - Saturday 8/22 - 8:25am - Pine Barrens Course - White Tees
Four-Ball Format (strokes in parenthesis)

Group 1: Dave (0) / Darren (4) vs. Tall Mike (10) / JW (10)
Group 2: Gary (1) / Brendan (10) vs. Buchert (0) / Gorecki (17)
Group 3: Faz (2) / Guest (9) vs. Chandler (0) / Reid (6)

Round 2 - Saturday 8/22 - 1:31pm - Rolling Oaks Course - White Tees
Chapman Format (strokes in parenthesis)

Group 1: Darren / Brendan (2) vs. Buchert / Tall Mike (0)
Group 2: Gary / Guest (0) vs. JW / Gorecki (12)
Group 3: Dave / Faz (0) vs. Chandler / Reid (1)

Round 3 - Sunday 8/23 - 9:33am - Pine Barrens Course - White Tees
Singles Format. Parings will be decided Friday night.

-----------------------------------------------------

Payment
Everyone has already paid me $80 for the two nights in the villas (Friday & Saturday night). We pay individually for the golf each day. Morning rounds are $42 plus tax. The one afternoon round we play should be $10.

Villa Location
Address is:   6175 W Oak Park Blvd., Homosassa, FL 34446
It is NOT located inside World Woods. It's left (west) of the Suncoast Parkway exit. World Woods is immediately to the right (east).

Check In
I can get the keys at 3pm, but I'll be up there around 2pm. Make a comment to this post and let me know who you're riding with and about what time you'll arrive. Depending on the weather, I'll be out at the range and using their practice facility for a bit on Friday. They have a 9-hole par 3 course and a 3-hole practice course. So text me when you're on your way so I can make sure the villas are unlocked.

Rooms
Each villa has 3 rooms, containing two twin beds. We'll separate into teams so choose your own roommate.

Food
Gorecki is bringing a propane grill. I suggest everyone pack some sort of cooler with beers and steaks. There's a Publix and Walgreens a couple of miles from the villa, so you can get anything you forget.

Entertainment
There will be less to do than in Sebring. Looks like there's a really sketchy pool hall nearby. Gorecki is bringing a poker table... he and Brendan also have some poker chips and whatnot. Bring dollar bills for Banko.

Course Conditions
World Woods drains well. They punched the greens on Pine Barrens a couple of weeks ago. We'll be playing alternate shot on freshly punched greens on Rolling Oaks. But it's only one round and everyone has to deal with it. Last time I was up there after they punched it really wasn't even an issue. Expect thunderstorms Saturday during our second round. We'll be waiting it out and doing anything we can to finish. So bring rain gear.

8 comments:

  1. I won't be able to head up until later on Friday. Probably around 630-7. Anybody else leaving that late?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll room with Tall Mike. I'm not sure what we're going to do with the 2nd bed though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I drink I snore,( Darren can testify to that last year) so pair up quick cause the last man is stuck with me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll room with Gary. Old guys pass out early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I'm stuck with the snorer since BD and Guest will wanna snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... forgot to mention each round comes with a free lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do we know if the kitchens are stocked with pots and pans and whatnot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't remember if they were. Bring a pot/pan if you need it just in case.

    ReplyDelete