Monday, February 22, 2016

DPT Open - Spring 2016 Recap

Who doesn't like putting at Southern Hills? Everyone. Just a ridiculous day out on the greens, all thanks to Pete Dye. The best way to avoid it, chip in from 30 yards off the green like I did on #7. For par. You know... because that's just how my day went. It definitely didn't feel like a round of 78.

JW came out of nowhere for 2nd, thanks to a pretty solid back nine performance. And Dave battled near the top of the leader board all day until blowing up on the final par 3 17th hole. He still finished solo 3rd.

-----------------------

Next season Southern Hills will be closed as they put in a faster and better putting surface on all greens. It'll be a true nightmare when finished.

-----------------------

We're off this week. Go practice! Especially you, Gorecki. Next event will be the Jamaican Open at Pebble Creek. March 6th.

Tell me if you're OUT. Right now all I can remember is JW.

4 comments:

  1. Still out. I'll be playing Torrey Pines though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. Troy will play again, too if we have room for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's probably room because I can't make it anymore.

    ReplyDelete