Thursday, February 11, 2016

Horses for Courses

It's no secret that certain courses just "fit the eye" of certain players. Tiger Woods used to dominate Torrey Pines and Firestone Country Club. Dustin Johnson owns Pebble Beach, despite never actually winning there. And Big John is the mayor of... Southern Hills?

Yes, even we fall into trends on our tour. Let's take a look at who excels and who rides the struggle bus at our most played tracks:

First up, course ownership. This shows the best (and worst) average net score to par, with a minimum of two tournaments played at each specific location. It's actually interesting how few courses we've played two or more times. Do you own a course? Or are you that course's bitch?

Faz is probably glad to be missing Heritage Harbor this week...

Obviously, not everyone fits into those categories. So what is the best, and worst, course per player? Again... must need two rounds played on a course, which eliminates Buchert from the list.

Dan has an impressively small spread.

The takeaway from this data is that we love Stoneybrook... and we hate Heritage Harbor. You know... the course we're playing this Saturday (9:30am). See you all then.

--------------------------

Continue to tell me if you're playing Week 3 at Southern Hills.

8 comments:

  1. Deep down, Chandler knows that he posted this just to get inside Faz's head before playing Heritage Horbor this weekend. It is not a coincidence this was posted right before the league leader is set to tee off on his least favorite course. Well done, Chandler, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm out for Southern Hills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sadly Faz is out this week. Which means, based on these numbers, the league is missing out on a guaranteed free pitcher...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually missing this weekend. As much as I hate that course, I do have a league victory there. Three way tie with chandler and geoff. Chandler should hate that place because he made an 8 on 18 while watching me make par to come in that three way tie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, I shot 83 last time I played there. I hate Stoneybrook way more than HH. Which is weird, because so many other people play well there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that sucks. I'm pretty sure I shot around 90 last year at HH. I might be the one buying the pitcher on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shot a 93. Looking forward to that cold beer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most likely out for Southern Hills. Going to Daytona 500, following week I'll be in Jacksonville, following week I'll be in San Diego. I'm pretty much dead to the league.

    ReplyDelete