Tuesday, March 1, 2016

2016 Ryder Cup

Few things:

1) Still need to rename this event. But I don't want to do that until we stumble upon something awesome.

2) I wanted to look a new place for us to hold the event this year. I took a shot in the dark and reached out to Black Diamond. It's one of the top courses I've every played in Florida. Anyway, they gave us a decent quote for the golf, but logistically it will require us to play Friday, Saturday and Sunday... rent houses off VRBO... and cost about $300 per person for the weekend.

I'm going to also reach out to Mission Inn (one of the best in the state I've never played) and possibly Reunion. I'm expecting BOTH to be in the $300+ range.

Another option would be to head back to World Woods if it's available. Last year that cost $180 a person. Sebring the first year was $190.

Weigh in with any thoughts or suggestions. Mainly about how much you think that weekend is worth. I'm going to look into Orlando courses like Grand Cypress... and maybe we can piece together 3 rounds with cheap hotels. But any feedback from the peanut gallery would be great.

12 comments:

  1. What's the time frame for this tourney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekend of August 20th or 27th depending on where we go. Probably. Obviously we will work around those who qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a wedding 8/20. Hopefully I qualify...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes to black diamond. where else can you join a golf league for $10 - $20/wk and avg course rate is $35. Its weekend getaways like these that Im ok with splurging on courses that have been on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny because Black Diamond doesn't have you on their bucket list of players they want visiting. And how are you going to backdoor qualify this year?

    Anyway, good point on the cost. But what should we assume to be the baseline? $180 is insanely cheap and we will never beat that deal. $400 is kinda high in my opinion. I think $250-$300 for the weekend is a sweet spot. But everyone else should weigh in too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no problem paying $250 to $400. I think World Woods was an amazing deal last year, but we'll probably have to increase the budget if we want to check out other good courses in the area moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thundercock Invitational?

    Didn't Gorecki kick the bucket already? I thought I saw an obituary for him somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I agree with you Chandler. $180 is insanely cheap for what we got. $250-$300 would probably be the sweet spot. Never played Black Diamond but I'm sure any place you choose Chandler will be excellent.

    Unfortunately, there is a good chance I may be attending a family reunion in Holland on Sat. 8/27. What are the chance of including the 8/13 weekend in the potential list of dates?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can do that. I'll put up a grid of when everyone is in it out by weekend. Same thing that Big John incorrectly utilized last year...

    Black Daimond is booked 8/20 anyway I think, so 8/13 is definitely in play since we need options

    ReplyDelete
  10. For once I agree with Brian and the baron

    ReplyDelete