With Dave officially in for the weekend of 8/13, we have our 12 "qualified" golfers. Reunion is back on as our location for the quoted rate of $324.75.
However, since we moved the event back a week, one of the courses (Palmer) will be punched. So the plan is now:
Friday, August 12th - Check into Reunion.
Saturday, August 13th - Play a round in the morning, and one in the afternoon on the Watson and Nicklaus courses.
Sunday, August 14th - Check out of Reunion, drive to another course (TBD), play final round and head home.
This brings the Reunion cost down to $260.55... which you will all owe half of next week (instructions on how to pay the deposit will be posted soon). And as long as our final course is less than $64, we'll be at the originally stated quote.
Bella Collina has already offered us $60 per person for Sunday morning. However, my first choice is Grand Cypress New Course. It's Jack Nicklaus' take on St. Andrews and unlike anything in the area.
Regardless, I'm not worried about the final round. We'll be somewhere really nice. Just let me know if you have any questions, and be ready to call in a deposit next week.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Nicklaus Course redesign at Reunion. There should be a new clubhouse with a balcony overlooking the 18th green. That should make things interesting if we play Nicklaus in the afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to Reunion in a few years. Wasn't aware they finished the clubhouse already.
ReplyDeleteAfternoon is typically alternate shot... that would be brutal on the Nickalus Course. I'll try to make that happen if you all want the blood bath.
I am hoping everything will be done by August. I couldn't find anything online regarding their timeline. They had begun the process when we were there last July.
ReplyDelete