The day started unbearably hot, and turned into an apocalyptic looking storm. The first group was far enough to finish... most of the middle two groups braved random death by lightning... while a handful of us in the back decided to wait it out in the safety of the bar.
Somehow, all the storms missed us, and everyone was eventually able to go back out and finish the final holes.
Geoff removed his name from the Losing Streak list, shooting an impressive -1 (net). TPC Tampa is hard, and blow-ups lurk on every hole. But Geoff didn't have any triple bogeys until 16 and 18, and is now within striking distance of the season lead.
Speaking of, there are 1,600 points remaining in the season, so many of us will be eliminated after the next event.
We're off this weekend for 4th of July. The Hangover Invitational is Sunday, July 10th at East Lake Woodlands. Brendan was able to get us on this private club for the first time in league history. Let me know now if you're playing.
It's about time we soften up the event, so make a point to attend our bi-annual party the night before. We're doing a pub crawl on Davis Islands for JW's birthday. Party starts at 9pm at Molly Malone's (304 E Davis Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606). The spirit of the event is to get together and have some league unity off the course. Bring your significant others and let's enjoy a night out.
--------------------------------
Tall Mike and Dave have locked up the captain positions for this year's Ryder Cup. The draft will be held during the Pub Crawl on July 9th. I'll send those guys a grid of estimated team handicaps, and Faz might be able to send them some updated scoring grids to help make their selections.
See you all then.
I'll see you guys at the DPT Masters. I'm out 7/10 and 7/17. Heading over to London with the family.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be last picked in the draft anyway.
ReplyDeleteI'm in for next week and any remaining events.
ReplyDeleteI only lost 1 ball at TPC, which I'm pretty sure is a first for me, especially considering I lost close to a dozen at waterlefe last week. Can I hit it straight off the tee two weeks in a row? Probably not. I doubt I can do it two weeks in a season...
ReplyDeleteI didn't lose my first ball until 14, but then I promptly lost 4 on the next two holes to officially eject from the tournament. It was a fun day, though.
ReplyDeleteInteresting to see that Katie beat three league members and a guest straight up. One more blowup hole for me and it would have been 4 league members...
Big John is set up for a nice stretch run if he can make the next three tournaments. He's getting way too many strokes (deservedly so after how he played in the spring) to not be winning tournaments or finishing high in the points.
How many mulligans did Gorecki get on that 101 the last time DPT played out there? I can't think of any other way he shot less than a 110 out there. Was that just a Chandler typo, perhaps?
I'll be in for the hangover and maybe the memorial. Out for Masters. Won't matter, I'll be eliminated by then anyway.
I'm gonna have to bring it hard this Hangover to get my name off the top of the losing streak list. I'm going to stock up on Twisted Teas and Budweisers. Also, I may or may not order a cart fanny pack. Why on earth is a private club letting us play the hangover there? First and last time. Sorry, Brendan.
I played in the group behind Gorecki during the 101. I didn't see any mulligans... but I did see a "picking up his ball to identify it and placing it a little higher in the rough than it originally was". Our group was yelling from the tee box during that. Pretty funny scene. But all the data points to Gorecki has just continued to get worse since the league started. We're trying to fix that, but the struggle is real.
ReplyDeleteI imagine we'll be alright at East Lake. The bar staff at TPC Tampa loved us.