Monday, August 1, 2016

Handicap Stat Tracker

Well it's great to see such a great turnout (half of our league players) participating in non-sanctioned league rounds just one week after the close of our 2016 Summer Season. Some even opting to take a personal day off of work to try out a links course that is so different to anything most of us have ever played before. (Free tip for Ryder Cup- REMEMBER what pin flag color you're supposed to aim for) And after the round concluded we gathered in the clubhouse and discussed with enthusiasm our future Ryder Cup rounds knowing what challenges lie ahead with these difficult courses. So it got me wondering if we all will soon get diagnosed by Chandler as becoming masochist's like John OR is it because we are all collectively improving our scores thus enjoying more of the game (and the challenge) of golf. To avoid this diagnosis I wanted to do some stat checking and created a (gasp) spreadsheet of data entry to see the results.


      I was amazed to see that EVERY league member either improved or stayed idle with their handicap since mid July! Not sure what to exactly credit this to but collectively this is a great accomplishment.

So congrats to each of you and I hope this see the low scoring rounds continue!

7 comments:

  1. Gorecki, you're getting awfully close to having to tee off with everyone else. how anxious were you to see the jump in handicap at this update? Posting at 1 in the morning the day the handis update. Glad you're getting better and adding blog content. Bring that A-game in about two weeks. Can't wait to take down Chandler and Brendan in Chapman. Mostly Chandler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems Gorecki is now obsessed with handis. Which will only lead to another Ryder Cup Rash... and an easy victory for Brendan and me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Chandler was equally excited (since he posted the revisions on the eve of the 1st) to post his handicap dropping to the single digits for the first time since 2015. Of course he has a fancy graph that tracks his that most of us aren't privy of having on our hc pages.

    And yes JW, I don't think anyone is betting on us as we were the sacrificial Chapman team pairing. Can't wait to prove em wrong! We just gotta make sure the cart girl is always close by to quench your thirst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that everyone seems to be getting a little better at golf, but please rest assured that you all still suck in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'll have the season stats up soon to prove how much you suck.

    ReplyDelete