Monday, November 14, 2016

Juliette Falls

The course was excellent. Everything was in great shape and the layout is better than anything we have here in Tampa. It has some decent length to it, and a good bit of water. Tons of waste bunkers and thick woods also punish wayward drives. But for the most part it's pretty open off the tee.

Due to the difficulty (130 slope), we'd use it for Four-Ball at our event. It's a shame it's so far away, or else we'd play it in the league.

I'm going to go back up to Ocala again in a few weeks and attempt to play both Candler Hills and Stone Creek in one day. If you're interested, let me know and we'll work out a date.

16 comments:

  1. Add Troy and Darren owing me $5 to the DB list.

    Why can't we do JF for a league tourney? It's not THAT much more of a drive than Waterleaf or Championsgate. And, it's absolutely worth the drive, unlike some other courses we play...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using Google Maps:

    Davis Islands to Waterlefe is 54 minutes.
    Davis Islands to ChampionsGate CC is 1 hour 1 minute.
    Davis Islands to Juliette Falls is 1 hour 51 minutes.

    Cheval to Waterlefe is 1 hour 15 minutes.
    Cheval to ChampionsGate CC is 1 hour 16 minutes.
    Cheval to Juliette Falls is 1 hour 31 minutes.

    It's a tighter dispersion for "North of Tampa" people because you're so close to the Vet.

    But yeah, I suppose we could go up there if given a good enough group rate. Maybe we can try that for the finals in the upcoming season. Gorecki proposed doing a season where we only play Buffalo Creek...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the cultural epicenter of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to propose that we kick Geoff out of the league for that comment.

    I'd like to go to the next rounds if the dates work and there's room. I can't commit to any dates right now, but once it's announced I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were you that way on setting your wedding day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at the calendar... who would want to attempt 36 holes in Ocala on either December 17th (Saturday) or the 18th (Sunday)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No chance for me that weekend. Small chance I could do the 11th (Sunday). The off-season struggle is real. Everyone has too much stuff going on in the Fall/Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My calendar is open for Dec. 17-18th at the moment, but it's pretty far out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Out for Saturday, maybe for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gary will play that day too. So for the 18 we have me, Darren, Gary and maybe Geoff and JW. I'll plan for 8 people again. Other Scotland guys should probably join to test their endurance. Perhaps Dave won't oversleep

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty sure I'll be out for 36 in Ocala that day. Will probably try to play 18 on Saturday and Sunday, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did neglect to mention that some of us were talented enough to birdie from said woods. Once. Along with several doubles and triples.

    Chandler couldn't have picked a better way to spend his birthday. Travel to Ocala with a bunch of dudes to play a bunch of golf with his fiancée a hundred miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well... I mean... I want to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn it! It seems I work or have something going every weekend. I need to prioritize my golf!

    ReplyDelete