The first Major of the year! Nicer course, more money and points to the top finishers.
For the new people: entry fee is $20 this week instead of $10. Greens fees are $45 plus tax, which is literally the best deal in town.
Once again we're hosting the tournament at Southern Hills. Last year they closed for the summer to install new grass on the greens. They are now capable of "championship speed," which is needed since they host Web.com and Valspar qualifiers. I was hoping they would also got rid of the Pete Dye signature undulations that give golfers aneurysms while putting. That did not happen. In fact, since the greens run faster now, the "problem" is worse.
Nothing else about the course changed. It's still very open off the tee, and yet every hole has the ability to destroy your round.
We tee off at 10:40am, so get there an hour early and use their practice facility. Faz will probably arrive at daybreak to get a few hours on the chipping green.
Projections:
Three pitchers this week. High handicappers play well here, so the winner will be.... Gary! That's right, his handicap (16) is way too high. It's his home course and he's hitting the ball great lately. If his short game doesn't implode, he'll easily shoot around 82, giving him a net -6.
See you up there!
Can the blind guy win back to back?
ReplyDeleteHaha he'd better if he wants to finally win the Cup!
ReplyDeleteGary be like...
ReplyDeleteI got the drink in me goin' back to back
Yeah, goin' back to back
I got the drink in me goin' back to back
Yeah, I'm goin' back to back
Mr. Magoo needs to win...last week's "Win" cost me money... Damn Jeff's Skins Game!
ReplyDeleteAny thoughts on 100% chance of rain and 24mph winds on Sunday. I'm not scotland ready yet.
ReplyDeleteYeah I got a lot of thoughts on that. I'll post them tomorrow. But we got rain out days on the schedule for this type of thing!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to playing through the elements so I can relate to what you Scotland boys will be up to! Isn't this where you gain the experience needed to become Scotland ready?
ReplyDeleteSo, are we moving this tournament to 3/26 and having back to back majors to end the season?
ReplyDelete