Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Geoff Skins Game - Spring 2017 Preview

We included a Skins Game into our league to give the schedule some variety. But it's funny how many people "don't like it," mainly due to the payouts having nothing to do with winning. I kinda like the change of pace, however. Getting my money back for a birdie softens the blow of me finishing last.

Once again we'll divide up into two tiers based on handicap. For the Skins portion only, you'll get 80% of your cap, stroking off the low-man in your tier.

As a reminder... ALL tournaments have a summary and scorecard page. If you ever want to preview a scorecard or look up old results, they're easy to find.

Click on any tournament date in the full or condensed schedule.

Summary page. Click on "Tournament Scorecard" to see results!
Everyone still gets full handicap for the stroke play portion. And those coveted DPT Points will be awarded based on that. So basically... don't even think about the Skins Game until we get into the clubhouse.

------------------------------------

Projections:
Cheval is a lot like Westchase. It'll beat you up if you're spraying the ball. So I expect at least 4 pitchers bought, probably more. Darren putts better this week and beats Katie by a stroke. The entire last group fails to finish their 7-hour round due to darkness.

At least the weather will be great. 11:45am tee time, so get there in time to hit some free range balls and pay up!

14 comments:

  1. Faz. Dan. Couple others agreed in the clubhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to change the event. I'm just bitter because I've won the event and received little to no money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the name, format, handicap, basically all of it. I'm mean we start off with spelling Jeff incorrectly. Then we make it nearly impossible to win a hole with my handicap. It's all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should get worse at golf and the handicap will increase. So basically keep shooting 83s from the ladies tees!

    Last season Tall Mike won the Skins event, and lost a dollar. Personally, that sort of result is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy it! Plenty of years I didn't win, but took home money. Last season I won and lost $1 haha. Looks like it will be up to me to keep Group D on pace! Lol..guess my incentive will be to get to the clubhouse before all the pitchers are empty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^Excellent points made at the exact same time by two fine gentlemen..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. I hope I win some of Dan's money, so I can buy more University of Miami merch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly you missed tier 1 by 8 strokes on your handicap Jeff. My money is safe from your terrible colors and cholo chants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't Miami chants just like Florida State ones? Just trying to prove they can actually spell "Miami" and "Canes?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think splitting the league into two groups has made this event more fair for the low handicap players. It's still no Gorecki Memorial, but I would vote to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best part of the league is getting to play all sorts of different courses and all sorts of different games, especially the Moses Tournament. That and Chandler doing all the leg work. Anyway, it's good to have something other than stroke play determine payouts. I never win skins despite my huge handicap, so I'm definitely not speaking from my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah the Skins game isn't going anywhere. But debate and discussion about peoples likes and dislikes is good for the league. Just wait until the Memorial this year...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm Mr. Commish I believe on the tournament scorecard you forgot to put "Green" next to my name as that's the tees I'll be hitting from come Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those days are long over. Was good while it lasted, no?

    ReplyDelete