It's not looking good on Sunday, but I haven't cancelled the event yet.
Weather is hard to predict, and if the front slows down over the next 24 hours, then the forecast could shift to hitting us Sunday night instead of Sunday mid-morning. Cancelling and then having the weather be playable is just as bad as getting rained out. We got a schedule to keep and 16 people have set aside the day!
Anyway, it's been a long while since we had a rainout. The first time it happened, we counted nine holes and called it a day. The 2nd time, I was winning my first Major after the turn before the rain hit... which upset you people and you made me cancel the event and re-play it. One season we were able to change venues the morning of the event, driving down to Bradenton where it was dry. That won't be an option this week since everywhere is going to get hit by the front.
Continue to check this blog over the next day and a half. I'll also try to text as many people as possible if/when the event gets cancelled. If that happens, we'll move the Major to the first make-up slot and finish the season with back-to-back Majors (as we did Summer 2013).
Is it bad karma to hope for this to get cancelled?
ReplyDeleteYes, that's bad karma. You should be strongly rooting for it to not be cancelled!
ReplyDeleteI'm ready to play in a little wind and rain.
I completely agree with Chandler. It's definitely better to get the round in, even if rain is off and on, than to reschedule.
Ha! Nm, sorry Dan, just noticed you're out this week regardless..thought you were just hoping not to play in some inclimate weather.
ReplyDeleteNo karma issues for you now, unless that rash gets worse.
I've decided that the downward spiral started when I realized I was the only one drinking beer considering I was riding with "Big a John". Two holes earlier he tells me about his diet and then eats a 16oz steak in 10 min. Yes folks, he brought a cowboy cut steak with him to golf. My "rash" of terrible strokes of the golf ball never stopped after that steak was consumed. had I just broken a club or thrown Katie into a lake I would've recovered within 1.5 holes. Instead I did my best to keep the anger inside which resulted in 11 holes of bad golf. Moral of the story: let it out!
ReplyDeleteMorals of the story if you wanna get big you gotta eat and let it out.
ReplyDelete