I also listed who lost out due to the error, since that's all we really care about anyway:
![]() |
| "+/-" is how many strokes their handicap should have adjusted. |
So nothing really major, and we're not going to go back to adjust anything. Colorado's football team won a National Championship in 1990 after they were awarded a 5th down... so it happens. What's more important is that now we know how to handle it... and what we're going to do moving forward.
1) Starting immediately, we're going to only use the USGA Course Database for rating and slope numbers. We will no longer be using the scorecard or anything posted online by the course. The USGA's numbers will always be the most up-to-date, whereas courses continue to use old scorecards. They're also terrible at website maintenance. I'll adjusted each tournament page to reflect the ratings/slopes for allowed tees... so you can make a decision using those numbers. The "tournament page" is the located through the date link on the schedule. Its always been there. Use it!
![]() |
| These links. |
2) I'll attempt to post a link to a scorecard for each event in our weekly preview so you can see exactly what holes play longer from each tee box.
3) The league will establish standard tees for each event. These will be the most forward you are allowed to play, and everyone will default to those tees. If you want to move back, you have until Friday each week to let me know. After that you're stuck playing it up where you probably should be anyway. Also, don't ask me what your handicap would be from each box. Learn the formula and make a decision (I'll help you early on since this is all new, however).
4) For now, greenies and long drives aren't changing. If you move back, you make it harder on yourself to win those. Basically... look at the card and pick the tees you think you'll enjoy the most. And I'll keep beating the dead horse about "teeing it forward."
This upcoming week, Buchert and Brendan both expressed interest in moving to the Blue tees. Big John initially did, but then decided against it based on the longer par 3s. Gary and Reid said the course is hard enough from the Whites so they'll stay up.
Dan - your strokes from the Gold, Blue, Whites are either 14, 11 or 7. I'm assuming you're at least on the Blues
Dave - yours are 12, 9 or 6. Also assuming you're on the Blues.
Everyone else... let me know. If I don't hear from you, you're playing the Whites.


So.... it looks like someone owes me $6, a pitcher of beer, and 292.5 points.
ReplyDeleteRight. Check your stocking next Christmas. Should be there.
ReplyDeleteI'll go ahead and make a firm commitment to the Gold tees since shooting 78 from the putt putt tees didn't really feel that good.
ReplyDeleteYour dad won't be impressed with your 88 from the tips. But I like the ambition!
ReplyDeleteI'll take bets on that 88....
ReplyDeleteI am thinking gold in heritage isle as well , looked at golf shot and it seems to make sense for this course for me as well
ReplyDeleteProbably a terrible season ending decision but 6 extra strokes is a lot so I will play gold tees.
ReplyDeleteThose par 3s on the back are brutal.
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I pick Dave to win... He does something like this!
ReplyDeleteYep the par 3's are a nightmare but the landing zone for the par 4's will be the same if I can hit my driver versus a long iron
ReplyDeleteSince technically Darryl has it, you should withhold any future bet payments to Mike until you've recouped your $30!
ReplyDeleteI'll play the reds ;)
ReplyDeleteGeoff, Gorecki is still the biggest loser.
ReplyDelete