While Katie winning isn't a surprise, who had her winning "worst-outfit" of the season? It's her third victory on the year, and second time setting a new personal best with a score of 91 (gross). When you shoot a personal best, you should be in the winner's circle.
But that almost didn't happen due to a stellar round by Troy (89 gross). I'm not sure if that's a record for him, but it's the first time in league play that he's been in the 80s. And he made a 9 on the second hole!
Anthony also finally put a round in the 80s on the board, with an impressive 3rd place showing. He now had two top-3s this season.
Big John was attempting to lock up the Cup yesterday, but couldn't beat his future roommate thanks to a pair of triples on the back nine. And Dan's round was pretty solid, shooting 82 from the tips.
--------------------
We have three people in the running for the Cup. Dave needs to win, and have Katie finish somewhere around T4 or worse. John can finish 2nd and still win the season. The rest of us will play spoiler one way or another.
We have 20 spots saved for Sunday, so I need to get the final list TODAY. Our first tee time is 8:50am. Let's also comment who's carpooling. Everyone needs to be there by 8:15am at the latest.
Katie says her brother is playing. Danny is out of town but did I hear Mizlay wants in? That would give us 3 spots to fill.
More on the course and tee options later this week!
No Brendan mentions, and the battle for DFL is really heating up right now. Let's get some coverage of that storyline.
ReplyDeleteI let Brendan watch me hand $20 to Anthony. Just so he knows what it looks like.
ReplyDeleteThere's not just a season DFL race going on, there's a career one as well. When Brendan plays this weekend, both him and JW will have 39 career starts. If Brendan does not win, they'll have the same exact career winning percentage. A solid 2.56%.
ReplyDeleteYeah but check out those 6 second places by Dub.
ReplyDeleteAnother stat I left out of the recap... ZERO people out of 20 hit the fairway on the long drive hole... which was pretty wide open off the tee. Is that right?!
Casey and I sent three balls toward the road...found 'em all in play!
ReplyDeleteI liked the course. But, I'm not one of the people that hates Pebble Creek, either. I always played well there, we just can't play there within 8 weeks of a drizzle.
ReplyDelete