Monday, March 20, 2017

Official Golf Rankings - Rapture Update

Katie finally has enough rounds to make the OGR, and unsurprisingly debuted at #1. There are three more events until we lock the standings for the 2017 Rapture, and she will be one of the captains. The other spot could be anyone if they start next season with some wins.

Casey and Dan will make the rankings after one more event... and Anthony will show up after two more events.

As a reminder, the 2017 Rapture is up in Inverness/Ocala on August 18, 19 and 20. We're playing all three days, so you'll need Friday the 18th off from work. I have two rental houses booked and paid for, so let's revisit who said they want in.

As mentioned before, the MAXIMUM we will ever take for this event is 16 people. If we can't get 16 members this year, then we will take the top 12 available people in order of ranking.

But seriously, you're not going to want to miss out on Black Diamond.

Below are the current rankings and member responses when this process began:


If your status has changed, let me know ASAP. While 16 people have said they are "IN," I have a feeling we'll lose someone which means it's a 12-man event this year. But I'm also hoping we pick up a Fazioli!

I was also asked yesterday: "What happens when you [Chandler] don't qualify?" While I fully expect that to eventually be the case, I hadn't crunched the numbers to see that it could be this year!

In the event I don't qualify... nothing changes! I'll probably still go and pay a full share of the housing costs, but I won't be playing. Instead I'll get a cart and ride around documenting the tournament. I'll also make sure none of the groups are playing some random modified scramble format! But bottom line... I need to play better and qualify like everyone else!

So if you don't make it but want to tag along, we'll work something out.

Update or confirm your attendance! Be sure you can take off work on August 18th! And start filling out that WAG Permission Slip if you aren't in control of your own existence!

8 comments:

  1. I'm still in for the 8/18 weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... forgot to talk about cost:

    Everyone going owes me $146 for the rental houses. It's three nights: Thursday through Sunday.

    We'll all be paying individually at each course. Black Diamond is booked already, $70 plus tax starting at 11am on Sunday. Which is the earliest we're allowed to go out as non-members. Sorry, Dan.

    The other courses say it's too early to book with them, but I expect around $40ish. Total should be $310 for everything not counting food and drinks.

    Faz also told me about a great way to finally incorporate payouts. More on that later once we figure out who is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm not allowed to compete in the event I've never lost, then I'd rather just show up for Sunday's round and not pay for housing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record I never committed to the Rapture. I am available those dates, but I have a prior arrangement for a weekend golf tournament the following weekend. Doubt I can pull off back to back 3 day golf weekends. You know, the whole unable to control my own life due to wife/kid. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I know. I just put you as IN since you were free. Just in case. Didn't want to count you OUT and then have you pull off some miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have some faith in your game. Looks like you're in the first 3 weeks of Summer season. Start leaping people (myself, perhaps)!

    Your boy BillyHo isn't in the Masters right now and has one tournament remaining which he needs to win to get in. The drama the first three weeks of our season will be great!

    ReplyDelete