Leading into the final event, here are some Spring ’17
stats and (un)interesting facts. I’m listing “top 5s” in a few of the more
important categories to keep the post a little shorter. I’ll list complete
rankings for every stat after the final event.
It’s tough to compare apples to apples for our stats
since not everyone plays in every event and it’s only going to get tougher as
people start to play different tee boxes more frequently but we work with what
we have.
Par 3, 4, and 5 scoring should be self-explanatory…it’s your
average score for all of the 3s, 4s, and 5s you’ve played this season.
|
Par 3 Scoring
|
||
|
1
|
Dan
|
3.500
|
|
2
|
Chandler
|
3.625
|
|
T3
|
Reid
|
3.725
|
|
T3
|
John
|
3.725
|
|
5
|
Faz
|
3.742
|
|
Par 4 Scoring
|
||
|
1
|
Dan
|
4.617
|
|
2
|
Dave
|
4.628
|
|
3
|
Chandler
|
4.910
|
|
4
|
Brian
|
4.930
|
|
5
|
Gary
|
5.026
|
|
Par 5 Scoring
|
||
|
1
|
Dave
|
5.231
|
|
2
|
Chandler
|
5.731
|
|
3
|
Dan
|
5.800
|
|
4
|
Brian
|
5.842
|
|
5
|
Gary
|
5.885
|
The next three categories should also be pretty obvious.
The dreaded “others” category is how often you make double or worse. The true
“top 5” for this would of course be the people with the lowest percentage but I
didn’t want the guys with actual golf talent to be the only ones included in
this post. Being “top 5” for bogey can be a good or bad thing depending on your
handicap. For most of us, making bogey on a relatively consistent basis will
lead to solid net scores.
|
Pars or Better
|
||
|
1
|
Dan
|
60.000%
|
|
2
|
Dave
|
52.778%
|
|
3
|
Brian
|
45.370%
|
|
4
|
Chandler
|
45.139%
|
|
5
|
Gary
|
38.889%
|
Bogey
| ||
1
|
Darren
|
46.667%
|
2
|
Casey
|
42.063%
|
3
|
Gorecki
|
40.278%
|
4
|
John
|
38.194%
|
5
|
Reid
|
37.500%
|
|
Others
|
||
|
1
|
JW
|
55.556%
|
|
2
|
Geoff
|
52.381%
|
|
3
|
Gorecki
|
48.611%
|
|
4
|
Brendan
|
48.148%
|
|
5
|
Katie
|
46.825%
|
Points per event goes to show you don’t technically need
to play in all of the events and you also don’t need to win multiple times.
Katie has missed an event but she’s won three times, came in third at a major,
and only finished out of the points once. John, on the other hand, has only one win but it was the Faz Match
Play where he earned an extra 100 points for his individual match, two second
place finishes (one of them a major), two thirds, and a fourth place finish
with also only one goose egg on the season.
|
Points per Event
|
||
|
1
|
Katie
|
262.857
|
|
2
|
John
|
214.063
|
|
3
|
Dave
|
169.688
|
|
4
|
Troy
|
140.714
|
|
5
|
Gary
|
109.375
|
A couple other interesting things I noticed while
glancing at stats.
The competition and level of play has been great so far
with the tightest margin between winner and runner-up net scores (2.75
strokes) since the Spring ’14 season and the second best average winning net
score of 6.625 strokes below par.
We’ve played four courses for the first time in league
history this season (Cheval, Rogers, Saddlebrook, Heritage Isles), soon to be
five with the neutral site championship this week.
We’ve had two first-time winners: Katie and Troy. And
Brian won for the first time since the Spring ’15 season, something like 25
starts between wins.
We’ve had 18 pitchers of beer purchased, only one for the
10-under sandbagger rule. I guess technically 17 since I see JW voluntarily put
himself on the deadbeat list but we earned 18 and that’s what matters.
Brendan and Brian both need to switch up whatever they’re
doing at the turn because they both have awful back-9 scoring compared to their
front-9s. Brian shoots, on average, 5.5 strokes worse on the back and Brendan
isn’t much better with a 4.167 stroke differential. Maybe they should ask Katie
what she’s doing at the turn since her front and back scoring average is
exactly the same. It might have something to do with her always riding in the
snack cart, I mean Dave’s cart, since his differential is also basically
nothing at only 0.875 strokes.
That’s all for now. I wish I had the time to do my weekly
stats posts like I used to. I’ll try to be better about it for the summer
season. Good luck to Katie, John, and Dave out in Orlando on Sunday. It would
have been nice of the Jamaican Open tournament host to offer us a charter
flight to our next event but I guess it’s taking time for those $2 fines to add
up.
Haha these posts are greatly missed.
ReplyDeleteI read that entire thing thinking chandler wrote it, and then when I realized it was faz I liked it even more
ReplyDeleteWealth of information. Great!
ReplyDeleteYeah. These are great. I'm adding a new weapon to my bag this week, so you guys are toast!
ReplyDelete