With only one more event before we lock the 2017 Rapture standings, we can take a more in-depth look at the scenarios. Never mind that Robbie (St. Robbie?) is going to save three helpless souls this year. Let's assume that wasn't going to be the case. Here's where we stand:
(1) Katie - Despite an abysmal 21.7 points earned her last two events, she is guaranteed a spot as a captain in her debut Rapture. Even if she lays another egg at World Woods, only one person can overtake the top spot. John could have knocked her out of both captain's chairs... but he's missing the tournament to hang out in Africa.
(3) Gary - With some stellar performances as of late, he has about a 95% chance of becoming the 2nd captain. Gary can actually grab the first captain spot with a Top 2 finish as long as Katie is outside the Top 4. Booting Dave from the 2nd spot could be a blessing or a curse, since the Irishman will certainly be a favorite as the #1 overall pick.
(2) Dave - Dave has grown very fond of The Moses over the past few months. It's a solid trophy and looks great on his mantle. But Dave literally can NOT increase his average points in Week 3, since he won the DPT Open in Summer 2016 and is dropping off 600 points. He's been cold lately, with only 62.5 points earned in his last four events. Unless he wins at World Woods, he will fail to retain Ol' Mo'.
(4) John - Has zero chance at captain, thanks to his 32.5 total points earned in the last three events. I'd say he's set up for a captain spot next year... but the way the rankings work... anything you've done before Week 4 of this season doesn't count!
(11) Darren - Only drops out of the "Qualified 12" if Reid and Chandler both finish Top 2. Nothing to worry about here.
(12 & 13) Chandler & Reid - Anthony, Brendan and JW can all overtake their spots next week. Not ideal, but these veterans still control their own destiny. Play well, and it'll all work out.
(15) Anthony - Making his Rankings debut at #15, Anthony only has 8 tournaments. This makes him a wild-card who can jump into the top 12 with a strong finish.
(14) Brendan - Only 9 events played in the last 18, he can also greatly swing his average with a good finish. Top 4 could get him "qualified." And maybe even recognized by this blog!
(16) JW - Needs a win OR a 2nd place finish and lots of help. It's a moot point unless someone else bails on The Rapture. But it's long overdue for Dub to start scoring! Based on his front 9 at Fox Hollow... he should have won!
I'll light a candle for St. Robbie next time I'm at church. I think that's how it works, at least.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I should be in contention for a high pick as I've proven to be the finest teammate in Rapture history, evidenced by the only 3-0 record.
ReplyDeleteAlready making your case to the captains. I like it.
ReplyDeleteAny idea who will be last pick?
Oh, we need a mock draft, for sure.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the idea of people posting their mock drafts! And it appears we won't be drafting Hangover Night Out so we should definitely try and have a large turnout for when we do schedule the draft. I know I won't be hiring Chandler as my agent to try and push me up the board. Hmm anyone have Trubisky's agent contact info?
ReplyDeleteAnd Dub you may have a 3-0 Cup Record but your overall Ryder err Rapture match play win percentage is 55.6% and have an overall match play record of 33.3%.
#DraftStockFalling
Last year I played alternate shot with Gorecki.
ReplyDeleteAnd I won.
Winning with Mr. Irrelevant... #DraftStockRising
ReplyDeleteI do remember that partner! We were teamed up as the "sacrificial team" for that match and end up winning 2&1!
ReplyDeleteHmm can't remember who we played against though. Chandler do you?
Yeah, you two beat Brendan.
ReplyDeleteAnd no way you can call me Mr. Irrelevant when for the past two ryder cups it's been MY WINNING MATCH that won us the cup.
ReplyDeleteClearly you don't know what "Mr. Irrelevant" means. He's the last guy picked in the NFL draft.
ReplyDeleteThat has been you 2 of 3 years... and about to be 3 of 4 years.
I know what that refers to. But the reason the NFL draft uses that term is because that draftee most likely won't be on a team come roster cuts.
ReplyDeleteOur draft is different obviously as you use all the players you are drafting. And I've been proud to be "relevant" by winning important matches.
Nobody is more proud of you, than you.
ReplyDeleteI'll be sad to see Moses go, he had a great spot. Why can't I post pictures commis?
ReplyDeleteLet me make sure you got posting access. Guess you've never tried before!
ReplyDeleteSent you an invite. Once you accept it you can post away. It's an extra layer of security that keeps the riff raff out. And gives us the option of blocking Gorecki in a few years.
ReplyDelete