- Teams consisting of two people.
- 80% handicap allowance
- Low Ball / Low Total format: lowest individual net score is worth a team point, and lowest combined team net score is worth a point. Maximum of two points a hole with no rollovers. If you've never played this I'll explain in detail later.
- We should make it worth something so like $15 Nassau ($45 max loss)... or just straight up $50 for all 18 holes. Discuss in the comments!
- The 3 new guys are allowed but no guests!
- Form your own two man teams. Reach out to who you want to play with and if they agree, make a comment!
- Mixed tees allowed. Course will be announced soon.
- Once I have all the teams registered, we will sort the list by total handicap. 1 will play 2, 3 will play 4, etc...
-------------------
Registration:
1 - Chandler & Faz
2 - Buchert & MikeHo
3 - JW & John
4 - Dave & Darren
5 - Robbie & Katie
6 - Gary & Tall Mike
Can't Play:
Geoff, Gorecki, Brendan, Greg
First team registered: Chandler & Faz.
ReplyDeleteAka: Washed up!
My favorite pastime is to discuss how washed up I am at the Champions Dinner. Since that group is becoming less elite, I propose we start a more exclusive Multi-Champions Dinner. That crowd size would be more my speed.
ReplyDeleteOh, so only one on one teams? What if we did net scores LB/LT, and then added a Calcutta?
ReplyDeleteI like the low ball/low total game but I also like some type of overall competition amongst everyone, which is what I think JW is thinking about as well. Either that or we do another outing at some point that's straight 2 man scramble or best ball or something.
ReplyDeleteJust one on one. Game doesn't work across 4somes. We'll do some other formats later. The off-season is long, and dark. Like winter in Westeros.
ReplyDeleteThat is what I'm talking about. We could take full handicaps and, say for your team, Chandler and Faz aren't stroking on a par 3 and Faz birdies and Chandler bogeys, total for the hole is 2 + 6 = 8. I'm not used to different kinds of gambling stuff, but maybe that's a thing? Anyway, I do like having some sort of overall team winner instead of or as well as a bunch of head-to-head matchups.
ReplyDeleteWe just completed 18 events of competition among everyone. Get your partners and start the bonding process!
ReplyDeleteThat was so long ago, and it wouldn't take much to add a twist that would make it even more fun. Your loss, Il Duce.
ReplyDeleteThe problem when you start making up random shit... is you only realize the flaws AFTER the event and money has been paid out. Let's go with what works since the idea is to have multiple outings of all different formats. No need to blow our load all at once.
ReplyDeleteWe also need to ask ourselves... "How long are we willing to sit around the clubhouse and figure out who won some convoluted event that requires adding up 18 holes for however many teams are entered?"
ReplyDeleteAnd then consider that a handful of people ghost as soon as they see the parking lot!
I literally stopped calculating the Skins game in the clubhouse because of the issues and annoyance. Better to just do it at home and tell you who won later.
Team 2: Brendan and Brian
ReplyDeleteI'm updating my phone right now, but I believe Team 3 will be Dub and John.
ReplyDeleteTeam 3b is Dave and Drippy
ReplyDeleteIn the 20 minutes it took for me to respond to him, Dub already found someone else. Team 3 - Robbie and KatieKat.
ReplyDeleteEither he's very impatient... or he changed his mind about how good you are.
ReplyDeleteVery impatient. It was 50 minutes, btw.
ReplyDeleteOn top of the matchup bets, each team should throw in $10 and the lowest team net score takes the pot. Whatcha think?
ReplyDeleteI think you're a cheater playing with Dave..
ReplyDeleteWhat? Scottish Dave will have to carry me all day.
ReplyDeletePatience = 60 mins.
ReplyDeleteGary is going to ride the Moose into certain defeat.
ReplyDeleteI can’t believe Gary agreed to that after the quarry.
ReplyDeleteWhat are we thinking for course options? We trying for a blood bath or a scoring paradise?
ReplyDeleteDefinitely "thinking" Wentworth. Playing it in the off-season is the only way I'd ever take the league there. And JW needs a new jacket.
ReplyDeleteI'll play if anybody needs a teammate
ReplyDeleteYou could have just answered "blood bath" and I'd assume Wentworth.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to play in this LG-BT event, but I'll be out of town. I look forward to some other off-season events that support unity and inclusion.
ReplyDeleteLOL...I thought that too when I read the post...Big John finally gets a tourney format that suits him and his wee donkey!
ReplyDeleteI’m gonna stand when we play the national anthem before the event, but I support your right to kneel.
ReplyDeleteI don't support Gorecki's right to kneel on the green to read putts.
ReplyDeleteHasn't been much talk about the betting. I like the idea of a Nassau because you can salvage a bad front/back 9 and not lose all your money and also it feels great if you win all three parts. $15/15/15 is fine but also a pain to pay out. We should just do $20/20/20 so we don't have to worry about having 10s and 5s.
ReplyDeleteMakes sense.
ReplyDeleteBrendan has to back out due to being named as a godparent and whatever goes along with that was scheduled for Oct. 15th. I am back in the pool of potential teammates if anyone is still looking.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking for a teammate buchart if you want to team up.
ReplyDeleteSounds good. Michael and I will team up.
ReplyDeleteI'll update the list as soon as I remember on Monday.
ReplyDeleteWhat could you possibly be doing this weekend that is more important than updating the golf blog for an off-season event?
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
Nothing is more important than the golf blog!
ReplyDeleteWith Geoff and Gorecki out of town... We're pretty much set on teams. Reid said he didn't see the post in time so he's an alternate if anyone else needs to back out. More on this later!
Reid and Anthony want in... but they're the odd team out at the moment. The only people I haven't heard from are Casey and Greg. If they team up... then we'll have an even 8 teams for the event.
ReplyDeleteWho sees those kids regularly??