December 1st - Teams to be drafted at the bar
Now if you're like me, you're really busy at work with plenty of actually important things to work on, but you figure you'd just much rather make inefficient use of your time to create your own mock draft for our next exhibition event.
The allure of creating a mock draft, while fully knowing there is no real point in doing so, given the draft is completely random and likely won't even be close to what I come up with, just proved too much for me.
So in the spirit of giving you all some high quality blog content during this outrageously long break between off-season exhibition events, I took Chandler's list of the 16 fine golfers participating in this event and generated random numbers between 0 and 1 in Excel (i.e., "0.23731", "0.062417") for each person. I then sorted everyone by their ranomly generated number in ascending order (low to high) and deemed the person with the lowest number the 1st draft pick and the person with the highest number the last pick.
Draft picks 1&2 face off against 3&4, 5&6 vs. 7&8, etc. That's at least the easiest way I could think of to make the parings truly random.
See the results below.
I've included everyone's current handicap index so you can roughly figure how many strokes your team will be giving/getting, but after Chandler picks the course he'll surely provide a thorough breakdown of the actual handicapping for the event.
Also since Anthony bailed and I don't know Crum's handicap, Crum inherits Anthony's index for now. Nice save Chandler.
| 2-Man Scramble Mock Draft Results |
I see Chandler is raising that handicap index quite a bit in the off season...smart.
ReplyDeleteNot my first rodeo.
ReplyDelete1. Pairings don't matter as it's a tournament and not match play
ReplyDelete2. You just randomly mocked a random draft
3. You used a fake handicap for one of the players
4. No course has been selected yet, so we don't know the slopes or ratings, which, in turn, means it doesn't really give us anything valuable at all
5. This might have been more pointless than Gorecki asking if anyone wants to play golf with him last weekend
6. I just read it and composed a comment about it
7. All content is good content
This is a mock comment...
ReplyDeleteHaha, yeah I didn't realize the pairing didn't matter since it wasn't match play - I was thinking back to the Rapture format.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I realize this is completely useless, but it gave you boys something to read.
Next, I'll update the ol' handicap tracker in a few weeks.
#7 in JW's list is the most important. Looking forward to the handicap tracker update. Can't wait to find out who has the WORST handicap index in the league!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure it's not #5?
ReplyDeleteHaha i liked #5 what time is the draft Friday?
ReplyDeleteI’ll make a post Monday about this weekend. But after dinner. Maybe 8pm ish?
ReplyDeleteAt no point in your rambling incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be consider a rational thought. Everyone on this blog is now dumber having read it. I award you no likes and may God have mercy on your soul.
ReplyDelete