Randomized pairings below, hot off the Excel sheet:
Group 1
Gorecki
Tall Mike
Gary
Group 2
Casey
Faz
Brendan
Group 3
JW
[JW's Guest]
Dave
Buchert
Group 4
Danny
Robbie
Katie
John
Group 5
MikeHo
Darren
Chandler
Reid
Lexington Oaks... 9:15am. I'll parse out the two skins groups shortly based on handicaps.
I’m sure group 1 will set a blistering pace of play...
ReplyDeleteIf they’re falling behind, yell at them like the Tour should have done to JB Holmes
ReplyDeleteHolmes was so slow it cost Noren the tournament an entire day later!
ReplyDeleteYeah, if the PGA Tour had a spine they'd at least fine him. And all disciplinary actions are supposed to be public now.
ReplyDeleteI think you should "randomly" redo the order of the groups. Infact I took the time to use a random number generator and group one ended up last and the rest stayed the same. Weird.
ReplyDeleteI’d like to nominate John’s random number generator for the board of directors.
ReplyDeleteHaha. Sadly when I say random, I mean random.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm not sure I follow why you guys think Group 1 is slow? I asked each one of them if they are a slow player and they said "no."
I was blacked out when Chandler asked me some questions earlier. What happened?
ReplyDeleteI also have a random number generator chillin here on my computer and it ended up the same results as John. Can't argue with three legitimate results.
I'll play anywhere.
Man, I really need to fix my random number generator.
ReplyDeleteSo if I create a few parameters for next time, can anyone randomly tell me what names I should always randomly find near the last tee time? Is it randomly ALL three guys in Group 1? Only some of them? Are there random people in other groups that might be slow and thus teeing off randomly an hour after the first group?
I'm so confused.
I think your randomizer is being shelved after this week anyway, right? I can’t imagine you’d want to randomize the pairings for the first major. We should start going out in order by then. If that’s the case, there will be some time to adjust the algorithm before the summer season.
ReplyDeleteWe'll be fine as is. Gorecki will drive by himself so that he is at optimal speed.
ReplyDeleteI'll ride with Gary since he needs an extra spotter and we'll be conscious out our place of play.
If it doesn't work out then you can fix that random number generator for the future.
Is there anything in the by laws about how many strokes get added to Gorecki’s score when he’s in a cart by himself? 3? 4? Is there an 800 number for the Lexington Oaks residents to call in when they see a scraggly old man using their pool filter pipes as OB stakes?
ReplyDeleteWorld rankings should be used until the season standings kick in...#notrandom
ReplyDeleteWhen I hear people complain about random, it only proves you need some sort of iron clad rule to make yourself feel better when you have to play with someone you don’t like. As in: “Ugh I hate playing with____, but alas I guess I ‘earned’ it.”
ReplyDeleteI’d rather you people just name names and make people change their ways instead of hiding from them.
FTR, I'm good with the pairings...😎
ReplyDeleteMy this escalated.
ReplyDeleteHow are Thursday/Friday rounds on tour decided?
ReplyDeleteEach tournament has their own committee and makes whatever pairings they want. Good players are grouped together for TV ratings. Sometimes they'll put players together who publicly dislike each other to stir the pot.
ReplyDeleteI should start doing the latter. But John's recent comment is 100% false. The real issue here is that I haven't been successful in escalating things!
Yea I was gonna say, I see nothing escalating. I even called Gorecki a cheater when unsupervised and got nothing.
ReplyDeleteOh right, so to your comment about that... I imagine he shaves about 2 strokes per round when riding in his own cart, mostly from forgetting duffed shots. But since it's been 10 straight events for him finishing outside the top 9, it probably isn't worth watching. Unless you're like me and it's more of a fun mental exercise that keeps you from overthinking your own game.
ReplyDeleteNow it'll be a completely different story if he starts stomping fools like he did to Darren at The Old Course in Scotland (net).
Come on, now. You know it's tough to tell the difference between pool equipment and golf boundaries. You guys are rough.
ReplyDeleteGorecki told me yesterday he doesn't read the comments anymore. Which gives me an idea...
ReplyDeleteSheesh. So many pool pumps, no chance we can figure out where OB actually is.
ReplyDeleteStop it! Now where did my ball go?
ReplyDeleteFazioli wins again in this thread for making me laugh out loud the most
ReplyDelete