Tuesday, April 24, 2018

League Updates

Nine events this past season... TEN different winners. We will never see that again. Ever.

Congrats again to Darren. Well deserved season victory. Bring The Cup to work and I'll get it engraved for you.

----------------------------

Long off-season, during which time we'll have our first ever Board meeting to vote on new members. Ben and Danny are eligible. We'll do a quick league confirmation vote online after that (if applicable). I haven't found a good cheap Masonic voting box... yet.

----------------------------

The race for the Rapture became anti-climatic since it's now a "who will have enough events (10) to qualify" situation.

Only Buchert is in danger of falling off the list if he misses any of the first three weeks. The rest will have enough, so points no longer matter for you people. MikeHo will make the list as long as he plays once in the next three tournaments.

As a reminder, the dates are August 17 to 19 at Mission Inn and one other course I still need to book. M.I. is supposed to be amazing according to the "experts." If we don't have 16 people qualify, the alternates will be determined by the following tie-breakers:

- # of events played during the qualification period
- Average points earned per event in that time-frame
- Perceived pace-of-play
- Looks
- Bribes

Robbie is allegedly still OUT, so swimming in the pool of dudes who could potentially get us to 16 people are: Greg, Danny, and Ben. Due to the size of the rental houses, we can't take more than 16 this year.

As for captains, most of the points dropping off in the next three events belong to Troy (he was kicking our ass this time last year). Gary is also losing a bunch of points, so I don't see him finishing in the top two.

Casey and Darren seem like the best bets unless someone goes crazy and wins two of the next three.

Should be fun. But for now... enjoy the time off. Summer season starts June 3rd.

20 comments:

  1. John's out for Rapture... so Buchert & Greg aren't really in danger anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be out of town for the second tournament this summer, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do rankings lock offer week 3 or 6? Also, my official vote is for the Good course that wouldn’t give us a great deal. I can’t remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Week 3 (first Major).

    John is going to a bachelor party. He has to go because he's officiating the wedding.

    Bella Collina. I can probably still get us on there if you people don't mind paying $100ish. If anyone DOES mind, speak up loudly. Don't let the 1% in this Club run your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone was telling me they thought Bella Collina was the best course in the state the other day. I want to get over there and check it out and singles day would be the best one for it. Are we getting more than 18 in on any of the days? Do we get cheap replay rates, or will there not be time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of it. I mean... it's cool and much different than other things in the state. But typical Faldo design. The clubhouse is awesome.

    Doubt there will be time. We'll be fighting rain every day. But perhaps Mission Inn will let you back out for cheap. The rounds there are all cheap anyway (although I need to call the pro back... got a new guy and he's already changed our schedule).

    ReplyDelete
  7. With regards to rapture. Do you typically tee off in morning? Saturday The 18th I have a conflict which would mean I’d have to leave by 1:30 just for the day. Just curious so I can try to figure out some rescheduling if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee time is allegedly 930am that day. Not sure you’d make it. Especially with any rain delay. And that’s also assuming we haven’t been pushed back to a later start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After he was so antsy about summer registration, I figured Casey would have responded by now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was antsy to know the dates in order to start negotiations with Wife. Once a deal has been reached I will be able to complete. This is bigger than the North Korean summit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dates were published before, but I understand your reasoning. That’s why I put question marks down and try to deal with it one weekend at a time. The joys of child ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  12. John is out, but Big John is in right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So who is going to make the frat house amazing breakfast sandwiches? I can't even fathom a Rapture without Big John.

    Motion for Buchert to automatically assume his place and not need to worry about being out of town one of the first 3 weeks of summer play.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We need to guilt John into bailing on the Portland trip. He can be a hipster later.

    ReplyDelete
  15. While Buchert won’t qualify... he would be first alternate. But guess what?!? Buchert is out anyway.

    Opens the door for Greg and others. Hopefully they are in.

    ReplyDelete