One last administrative item that we need to take care of...
Last year was the first time we bet money on the event, in a "pay for performance" model. I believe everyone thought it worked well... so assuming we want money involved again we'll need to collect $50 from everyone. Payouts would be as follows:
Entry Fee - $50
Each Point Earned - $20
Winning the Rapture - $60
And now I'll just re-post last year's explanation:
The payout for each point earned will be split between ALL
parties involved. So it's $10 to each winning teammate of a match in the
first two rounds, and the full $20 to anyone who wins their Singles
match. Ties are also split evenly. Let's look at a few examples:
Winning every match AND winning The Rapture: $10 + $10 + $20 +
$60 = $100. Buchert did this in 2016, Geoff did this in 2014. Basically
you double-up your initial investment.
Losing every match and somehow, still winning The Rapture: $0 + $0 + $0 + $60 = $60. You take home $10 profit for being drafted on a winning team. Even though you're worthless.
Winning every match but LOSING The Rapture: $10 + $10 + $20 + $0 =
$40. Congrats... you're the man. Too bad your teammates suck. You go
home down $10 net. This sad scenario happened to Dan in 2014.
Darren in 2016: He halved the first match (with John as his
partner). Then lost round 2, lost his Singles match, and didn't get his
name on The Moses. $5 + $0 + $0 + $0 = $5. Loses $45 on the weekend,
but at least earned some money back for helping win that first point.
Bottom line, if you're on the winning team, you'll earn between $10 - $50. If you're on the losing team, you're going to lose between $10 - $50. The exact number depends on how much YOU contribute.
Let me know if we should do this again. We'll need to make a decision Thursday night.
I’m in... even though the guy who chose me on his team thinks I’ll lose every match.
ReplyDeleteI approve of this gambling model.
ReplyDeleteDitto.
ReplyDelete16-0.
Darren is in.
ReplyDeleteAlso... since this is an exhibition... the new "hole in one pot" doesn't apply. You still have to buy a round of drinks, though. And JW still owes a pitcher.
I was going to ask about the hole in one pot. Thanks for addressing that. Pitcher (or 4 beers if pitchers aren't available anywhere) will be purchased this weekend, probably Friday. It'll be the saddest of all the pitchers.
ReplyDeleteYeah hole-in-one jackpot can't be paid out on events where we aren't paying into it. So to keep it clean, really just needs to be in league play. Tells us that we've played 57 rounds since it's inception without an ace.
ReplyDeleteSorry HO. I believe in you and want you to dominate. I never make picks based on expertise in golf. I had the names thrown down and what was facing up reveled the pics. I just commented on what I thought GOD was thinking as he doesn't have a computer.
ReplyDeleteTeam pictures on Friday or Sunday? I need to know for my outfit scripting.
ReplyDeleteHo is winning alt shot. We are undefeated. Good question Faz about picture day. I’m in on $50 plus any other side bets opponents are interested in.
ReplyDeletePictures on Friday. While we all still look happy.
ReplyDeleteCheck out the Rapture section of the blog for some interesting updates to the stats. Darren is the worst Chapman partner of all time...
ReplyDeleteMan, some very regretful partnering during my captaincy. Turns out falling on the sword with Ben and Gorecki was a bad choice.
ReplyDeleteIn!
ReplyDeleteIn like bat wings...
ReplyDelete