Monday, December 31, 2018

Club Re-Branding, An Update

It's been a couple of weeks since we've received new suggestions for our Club's name. All submissions were anonymous, so hopefully most of these were sent in by the random bots that frequent our page and inflate our interaction statistics.

Keep in mind that when a change is made, we'll probably need to use "Golf Club" or "Golfer's Club" at the end of it.

Here are the suggestions, grouped by various levels of terrible:

Comments, not actual suggestions:

This post should have comments - Maybe. But by not turning them on I forced you to use the submission form instead of putting your drivel directly in the comment section.

DPT acronyms, which was not the assignment:

Dedicated Player's Tour

Devoted Player's Tour

Duffing Pitches Tour


Inappropriate names which are not a step in the right direction:

The Swingers Club

Putt Stuff

Hole in Juan

WTF names:

Havercamp Mini Tour - From what I can tell, this is an obscure reference to Mr. and Mrs. Havercamp in Caddyshack. They're the two old people who play an extremely slow round, unable to advance the ball more than a few feet (while also not being able to see it).

Blockchain Golf Club - I mean... a lot of you have probably been blocked-in by a chain link fence before...

Fairway to Heaven

Drives, Divots and Duffs


Actual suggestions, perhaps:

Three Putt Golf Club - A reference to an LLC and naming rights owned by some of our group. Someone also submitted "3 Putt Zone," so we'll just assume those are the same suggestion.

Gulf Golf - A name that sounds like someone talking with balls in their mouth.

Grassy Key Golf Club - Seems to be a reference to the original two islands (Big Grassy Key and Little Grassy Key) that were eventually "filled in" to create what is now Davis Islands.

Fort Brooke Golfer's Club - Fort Brooke was the original military outpost that became downtown Tampa. Used as a hub to kill a lot of Indians, when that was still an American pastime.

Old Testament Golf Club - Shout out to The Moses

-------------------------------------

The suggestion link is still open if anyone thinks of other ideas in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Since I was the one who wanted comments, I'll go ahead and add mine.

    I like the Nomad Golf Club, or something that refers to our wandering from course to course nature. There's gotta be a better name that would suit that but also tie into the Moses. Maybe we'll find a home after 40 years of wandering in the swamps of west central Florida?

    I also like the Grassy Key Golf Club. Obscure Tampa geographical references will always get my support, especially when it's DI now. It also works since it no longer exists and our home course has never existed, so that kind of ties into the above, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the word you are looking for is Exodus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure he’s not talking about Putt Stuff?

    ReplyDelete