You can't drink all day if you start in the morning
True to form Temple Terrace has still, somehow, remained a private club and will allow you to purchase booze at your earliest convenience. While taking a moment to fill up with water, I was asked by the cart girl in the clubhouse if there was any particular beer she should make sure to stock. I looked at her blankly, apparently she was not aware that the BGR has a clear preference, and after regaining my composure simply responded with Budweiser. We had no need to stock the carts at tee time as one of the fine guests joining DPT for the week brought a 12 pack to kick start the round.
On course service
I was proud to see that our foursome was all boozing and happily ordered a sixer of Bud heavy on the cart girls second pass. The service and mode of transportation was much improved over last year's incognito beverage flatbed, but sadly the request from the clubhouse seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. I walked away with 5 Buds and 1 Coors Light. I have never been known for my tact, but politely requested she stock up for the next pass. Sadly though there were no more red bow ties seen on the links that day.
Thrifty boozing
I'm sure Chandler can link the last TTCC review to this post allowing you to review the very reasonable prices this course has to offer. We had another 5 pitchers purchased this week. If $8.95 for domestics held (I forgot to look), then this was the cheapest really crappy golf week yet.
![]() |
| This league can get through some pitchers |
The Clubhouse
All good boozers know that the key to successful boozing is having a good base of food in your stomach before, during and after a booze session. Temple Terrace's Cajun Chicken Sandwich will provide you all the bread and sweet potato fries a growing boozer needs, but if you are counting on some protein to help offset the negative affects of our favorite pastime, then you will be left sadly hungover.
![]() |
| Is that a Cajun Pigeon Sandwich |
Last year Temple Terrace scored a 3.5 out of 5. After this there was some discussion among the BGR board of sticking to only full beer ratings (clearly we don't leave wounded soldiers on the battlefield). I will go ahead and follow this rule and knock the rating down to 3 out of a possible 6. The first rule of customer service is to always under promise and over deliver. It is generally frowned upon for a course not to have a well stocked Bud heavy supply, but the fast one that was pulled on me is practically heresy.
![]() |
| I'm not sure I'm allowed to remove the stock photo caption. |



Another great review. Are we doing a weekly shot feature now? TTCC seems like a great place for post round hangouts, but could maybe take a lesson from Club Pro Guy, kind of, and focus more on the on course service. At least Darrel Bevins isn’t around to shoot the thrifty Boozers, though.
ReplyDeleteThis mini boozer was quite disappointed when attempting to purchase a personal six pack of buds but I was pleased with how often we saw her. She told me the guys in front of me bought “all the buds” but I certainly didn’t think that meant only 5, haha.
ReplyDeleteGreat summary, John. I think that was the most times in a round that I've ever seen a beer cart come around. Respect to our guest Todd bringing the bag bourbon with him like a BGR veteran.
ReplyDeleteMaybe TTG&CC uses all-natural, organic, non-gmo, hormone-free, range free, pampered Kobe chickens. So really they just need smaller buns?
ReplyDeleteThe mini boozer was not at all up to the mark, it really broke my heart. Anyway, you are doing a great job in reviewing this entire stuff. Keep it up, mate.
ReplyDeleteAfaq Ahmed,
Golf Gear Direct Discount Codes,
Owner.
Go Afaq yourself pal. Only my closest friends can call me mini boozer.
ReplyDeleteFaz, you can’t be mad if you’re not up to the mark.
ReplyDeleteOnce you have dropped off 100 people during Taxi missions in GTA: Vice City, you will unlock Boost, which allows you to jump using the L3 button whenever you're in a taxi.
ReplyDeleteLiverpool function room