Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Boozer's Golf Review Vol. 13 – Countryway Golf Club


Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy was I excited for this BGR Review!!! I have always felt Countryway gets a bad rap but if you just put on your beer goggles I think you might find she is the prettiest girl in the room.  We had a great showing with 18 DPT members, maybe because there were at least 6 pitchers to be purchased going into the day and a high probability for more to be added by the end of the day. Our tournament host started the day off by providing every group with a pack of Reef Donkey Pale Ale’s. One of our BGR members also provided a Mimosa Bar that went quickly. Things were off to a great start!

In the end, one BGR member continued his streak of owing a pitcher for poor performance and is now 4 for 4 on the season and Casey “Have you seen my golf ball” Rease also added more to the pitcher purchases.


This was one of the pitcher purchases and was brought out onto the course. A selfish strategy that I think needs to be looked into unless you are in my group. (Thanks Ben!)



The Memorial Champ was seen drinking from the cup in the clubhouse. Congrats Reid! Also great form! Elbow at 90 degrees and then letting the shoulders and head do the work from there, perfect!



You can’t drink all day if you don’t start early
I was in the first group out at 9am and came to the turn at 10:31am. How do I know such an exact time? Because when I made my order for one of their famous whiskies w/ a splash of coke, I was told, “In 29 minutes you can”. Bad news and a smart ass tone! I could have immediately snapped back but instead I took the high road by walking out to my papoose, grabbing another Bud Heavy, drinking it in the window for her to see, and then pointing to the watch I wasn’t wearing.

Boozer Cruiser?
No Hooch Mobile at Countryway. This has become a standard for BGR ratings and I might make the argument that it doesn’t make sense to have one on a par 3 course but I’m not going to. Let’s move on…

Club House Love
This is where Countryway gets all of my love! I am so impressed with their pricing that it has become me and my wife’s date night spot! Can I get a bacon cheese burger, add fries, and a whiskey and coke? “That will be $10, sir”. What?? They also sell stamps for 32still, it’s great! So something unbelievable happened on this visit that was new. We bombarded them so much that they just kept bringing burgers, cheese steaks, and sides of fries out. Danny yells, “Just put em down, we’ll eat em!” It turned into $5 all you can eat. A pitcher of Bud Heavy is $6. Don’t order doubles here because their single cocktails only come with a splash of mixer. A Crown with a splash of Pepsi will run you $5.

John’s Side Car of the Week
Cinerators? Fireballs step brother I suppose. Not sure how this came about or how one gets chosen to participate, but either way $4 for a shot is pretty solid.

Overall
At the end of the day, I want to give a 6 beer rating because if Countryway doesn’t get a perfect rating, I feel we are chasing unicorns here. I guess I will keep looking for that unicorn.


Side Note: Coach Bombay said Brendan can’t play this weekend



6 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff here. And props to Gorecki for the beers. I was extra happy that I forced people to move bags around so I could ride with Adam because that meant more free beer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mighty Ducks reference with picture is pure gold. Great write up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...good stuff. And that's unlucky Banks, I'll see what I can do since I'm next up to take your spot this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have an open spot if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checking with the babysitter and will get back to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete