Great day out on Southern Dunes, a "new" course for our league. I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed it and wanted to play it again. Even Casey — who showed up sick, had Gary talking in his back swing, and got a lethal dose of Gorecki Golf Cancer in his cart. RIP, Casey's golf swing. You've seen what GGC did to John, and the road to recovery is dark and full of terrors.
Speaking of John, we have a "worst-to-first" situation, as he won* an event out of nowhere after buying 11 pitchers in his past 10 tournaments. Is he back? Or was Southern Dunes just a course where you live and die with the putter — the only club that never completely abandoned John?
Gary, who tends to win his events late in the season, tied John after melting down from 130 yards on the final hole. He was also an inch or so away from a hole-in-one on the 6th hole (looked like it was going in the entire time). And he's now on top of a bunched leader board, trying to finally win a DPT Cup.
-------------------------
The course was awesome, with some of the most difficult greens we've ever played. It'll probably have to remain an early-summer location, due to the $130+ rate in the winter. But perhaps we can get an even better deal next time if we bring 20+ people.
We're off this week for Memorial Weekend. Make sure your RSVPs for the hangover are up-to-date. Right now I'd only book 16 people based on current responses. The course has not yet been decided.
As for the Hangover bar, we should probably head up near the Westchase area. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment and I'll happily shoot them down.
-------------------------
Here are the final 2019 Rapture rankings:
1 - Chandler
2 - Gary
3 - Faz
4 - Reid
5 - JW
6 - Gorecki
7 - Darren
8 - MikeHo
9 - Big John
10 - Adam
11 - Danny
12 - Tall Mike
13 - Robbie
14 - Geoff
15 - Katie
16 - Brendan
ALTERNATES
17 - Dave
18 - Troy
I'm going to take some time researching a 3rd house rental. Once I get that squared away, the top 16 will need to send in their payment. After about a week, if people haven't paid or are not sure they can attend, we'll get Dave and/or Troy the option to take a spot.
If you don't have the dates on your calendar already... then you might as well just let Dave take your spot now. You are unworthy.
Gary and I will draft teams at the end of this season. Maybe even at Pinehurst if we're sitting around and need something to yell about.
Westchase literally the week after I move haha
ReplyDeleteAs long as your not allergic to cats I have a spare bedroom you can crash in that night.
ReplyDeleteMaloney’s may not be bad, it does have golden tee
Bar still 9-1? Should be there pending bed times for kids.
ReplyDeleteAlso want to add I’m getting excited for our Club’s 4th major, the Hangover. I know it doesn’t have the DPT points or purse of the other 3 majors, but the tradition and prestige clearly set it a step above the other 5 tournaments.
ReplyDelete8pm to whenever.
ReplyDeleteI feel like The Local Draught House might be a good option that appeals to the masses (not Westchase though). I also really like the Irish 31 then to Repeal move!
ReplyDeleteDPT bowling night at Pinchasers could be made interesting as well!
ReplyDeleteGorecki suggested The Local as well. Some of us went there on St. Pattys Day to watch THE PLAYERS. They have a big "private" cigar room which could be used for Banko games, assuming you don't care about cigar smoke.
ReplyDeleteBrendan's always pushing for Repeal. Maybe one year we'll appease him?
They have free pool, free darts, free popcorn, and make a fantastic Old Fashioned!
ReplyDeleteFaz says he thinks the Irish 31 and Repeal combo is better. So... maybe?
ReplyDeleteWalking distance from my house..I like it. Also been looking forward to trying these Old Fashioneds Brendan keeps talking about.
ReplyDeleteYou’re OUT for the event. Does this mean you’re still showing up for the bar? Brendan is in the same boat, I guess.
ReplyDelete*St. Paddy's
ReplyDeleteDebbie says #oldfashionbetter
ReplyDeleteI am out for golf but may also show up for the bar
ReplyDeleteHa, yes I plan to be at the bar at least for the majority of the evening. Initially I was expecting to be on baby duty for Sunday...now the wife is off work so I'm partaking in negotiations. Will keep you posted in the next few days.
ReplyDeleteSounds to me like you should be updating your availability to ???
ReplyDelete