**LAST CHANCE TO FILL OUT YOUR RATINGS**
It might be a couple of years until we do this again. So tell us what courses you like, and which ones you hate. Who knows... maybe they will influence where we play the next few seasons.
-------------------
Long overdue for a course ranking, especially now that there has been discussion from our Club's Elite about which courses are "dumps." Make your opinion known, and let's start some shit!
Rating System:
? - Haven't played / Can't remember
1 - Total Dump
2 - It's a Golf Course
3 - Love it!
Frequently Annoying Questions:
I need more than 3 rating levels or Ritz-Carlton might be grouped with this one course that everyone hates but somehow gives me a boner!
No. Three tiers is all you need. Mentally make the scale 1 through 100 and then group 1 through 33, 34 through 66, and 66+ into the three buckets I've provided. When trying to identify what a wide range of people enjoy, less is more.
--
Do I rate based on quality of conditions, or my personal enjoyment of the layout? What if I only hate it because it's too far of a drive? I'm confused!
If you love it, give it a 3. If you don't hate it or love it, give it a 2. If you never want to see it again, give it a 1. I don't really care what your reasons are. That's between you and the ghost of Old Tom Morris, who probably already dislikes you.
--
Are we going to stop playing poorly ranked courses?
Nope. Just as we're not going to stop playing with poorly ranked golfers.
--
I love giving BJs at Old Memorial! Why isn't that on the list? It's so creamy... I mean dreamy!
The list only includes existing courses our Club has played in league-play. You can add other courses you think are 3s to the free-form section at the very bottom. I'll mention any new suggestions, and explore why we have yet to play there.
--
My golf memory is terrible. I don't remember some of these courses. Can you remember for me?
Anything you can't remember should be entered as "?". After you submit the form, you can write a comment below asking for some clarification. I'll do my best to explain when/where you would have seen it. But the "?" response is important, because maybe we're overdue for a return trip.
Click here to begin survey.
You CAN edit your responses after submitting.

Gonna leave a frequently annoying question.. why not follow the most frequently used 1-5 star rating system sites like amazon, google, etc use? I think that would separate out the "a little better than average, a little worse than average" courses.
ReplyDeleteGreat question! And I'm sure you're asking since Yelp! uses 5-stars, and you've noticed that GenX Tavern bounces around between 2.5 and 3.0 on that site. However...
ReplyDeleteThree tiers is all you need. Mentally make the scale 1 through 100 and then group 1 through 33, 34 through 66, and 66+ into the three buckets I've provided. When trying to identify what a wide range of people enjoy, less is more.
For your specific issue... go ahead and rank them 1-5. Any that you think are 1 or 2... make those a 1 on our list. Any that are 3, make them 2. And any that are 4 or 5, make them 3.
Just think of the rankings as birdie, par, or bogey. Or for you, bogey, double bogey, or max +5.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoyed rounds at dunedin cc, Apollo beach, and diamond hill. All affordable.
ReplyDeleteRanked and added Streamsong. I probably can’t afford it either.
ReplyDeleteCasey... you calling all those 3s? Or just want to see us go there? The first iteration of the league went to Diamond Hill and Dunedin. We could easily do those next winter.
ReplyDeleteNot saying they are 3's. I would rate as 2's for this exercise. I just threw them out there as Ive never heard them mentioned in league and they are close and decent. At least decent 10 yrs ago when I played em.
ReplyDeleteWho’s giving BJ’s at Old Memorial? That’s just down the street from me!
ReplyDeleteCasey - yeah we'll look into those.
ReplyDeleteBrendan - Bossman Junior
Quail Hollow would have been a 3. RIP.
ReplyDeleteI think the same thing about The Dunes.
ReplyDeleteGrandma goes to the dunes?
ReplyDeleteI haven’t taken the survey but i did find a putter for Darren. How do i post a photo?
ReplyDeleteCan’t post a photo in comments. But I’ll send you a link to set up and make a blog post about it.
ReplyDeleteThat’s not necessary.
ReplyDeleteNo, it is.
ReplyDelete