Tuesday, June 25, 2019

DPT Championship - Summer 2019 Recap

Not much for me to recap since I wasn't there. But unlike the BGR (R.I.P) -  I still post that sweet, sweet #content with what little I know:

The course played incredibly easy for some reason. I'm told it wasn't cartpath only, which is a surprise. I can only imagine most of you cheated and did lift-clean-and-place all over the course, instead of just in the fairways like our rules state.

This is the first time I've ever seen ALL rounds accepted by each player's handicap. Even DFL Moostie had a differential in the lowest 10 of his last 20.

Casey had a 6-par train on the back nine to get his share of the victory. Troy limited the blow-ups and rode a high handicap to the winner's circle. Looks like Gary should have joined them but his double on the 13th ruined his hopes and dreams. Faz and Reid were also close, but they each needed two birdies to make up for the inevitable bad holes.

-----------------------------

Gary is now at the top of the standings, and controlling his own destiny. Buchert continues to take time off and somehow maintain an excellent chance of winning the Cup. NINE different winners in six events has bunched the leader board, with everyone still mathematically alive.

We are also officially at DEFCON 3 - ROUND HOUSE, as Gorecki is within striking distance of totally obliterating the Champions Dinner. If anyone in the top tier actually wants to win the Cup, they're going to have to start acting like a competitor on Sunday. Make Tragic Mike Putt Again.

Last season I got Darren to cheer for me during the entire final round in order to throw Reid off his game. Worked like a charm. Thanks, DB!

-----------------------------

Gorecki booked the Countryway round this Sunday, and as always he selfishly booked earlier than instructed. He's about to get fired from his unofficial position.

Anyway, we tee off at 8:30am for around $16. If you're late for your tee time you'll be DQ'd. Any issues with the early start should be directed at Gorecki AND your local Board Member.

Everyone is on BLUE. Katie is on WHITE, per her request last season.

Once again we have ???s the week of the event. On THURSDAY I'll be calling and cancelling the earliest tee times, giving us 12 spots. Danny and Tall Mike need to change their status before then to stay in the field.

7 comments:

  1. 8 of the 12 players set or tied their season low gross score on Sunday, which is pretty surprising for a course that typically plays pretty tough. I think I saw the most dollar bet action I’ve ever seen in my group. We had a greeny on every par 3, the long drive, and two different guys had a sandy. It was also pretty cool how, I believe, with 5 holes to go only 5 shots separated first and last place. #maketheleaguesmallagain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my group tested the no gimmies policy and I think it’s fair to say it didn’t slow down our play at all. If it’s so close and automatic that you think it should be given then just walk up there and knock it in. I sure wouldn’t mind group A giving it a test run on Sunday...just sayin’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Group A will not be getting gimmies this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DPT tour is getting serious? If we are playing for money, all putts must be holed, you can tell a lot about a person's nerves on short putts when something is at stake. Example; Chandler missing a 1 footer on 17 at World Woods(RO) 2015 Rapture to square the match, BTW Blue wins 2up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed way more 1-foot putts than that one in my day.

    Reid forgets to mention that Orange (the team him and I were on) won the Moses that year despite my missed putt in Chapman. And that I beat Gary in the final match of Singles to help us win by a point. For shame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean we lost to Dave/Faz... arguably one of the best teams on paper... ever?

    ReplyDelete