Tuesday, January 21, 2020

FBGC Open - Spring 2020 Recap

Reid took advantage of the MLK Freedom Weekend bump to win his first ever Open Championship — making him the 3rd Member to complete the Grand Slam Devil's Triangle.

He attempted to choke away the victory with an untimely double on 17. But at that point Casey was already too far out of the running, and JW had thrown up all over himself (metaphorically) on 16 with a quadruple-bogey (his 2nd of the day).

It looks like most of us had at least one blow-up hole that ruined our day. Perhaps the light, but annoying, rain was the cause of poor play. The greens at SoHilly were at least in great shape, and fast. Overall we got really lucky with the weather and conditions, so that makes me feel a little better about their recent rate-hike.

Reid now sits atop the standings, and made some big moves in becoming a Rapture Captain.

---------------

I think the Deadbeat List is correct... I know the pitcher list is. So tell me if anything else needs to be added/removed.

---------------

We're off this week for Gasparilla. I'll hopefully get The Concussion booked soon.

8 comments:

  1. Tall Mike owes me $1, owes Casey $2, and owes Gary $1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did all the old men without PayPal and/or Venmo play in that group?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike refuses to pay us apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks Brendan for the backstop on 15.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reid predicted his victory on the 2nd tee and played really well. As far as double bogies go, his 5 on 17 was actually kind of impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot about the insane backstop help. PGA Tour pros would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Chris.
    I shouldn't have looked at the leaderboard on the 17th hole. I lost by 1 stroke in Spring 2018 to Big John, and I had a 4 shot lead that day, came to the 17th hole and refused to use my putter from the side of the green. #Lessonslearned

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that I hit my ball 5 times on #11 & still had not reached Dan's drive...I don't remember ever hitting a drive that wound up #f@#kingbehindme!

    ReplyDelete