Sunday, June 7, 2020

The "New" Week 1

We're booked at Countryside (Lake/Pine) at 9:00am next Sunday, June 14th. Rate should be $45. Casey says there might not be a cart girl depending on how busy the tee sheet is. But the bar and restaurant will be open at 10am, so we can get food after the round and drinks at the turn.

Greens were punched last week, so expect them to be a little bumpy. Any sanding they did would have been washed out with all the rain this weekend... which would delay the healing process.

Our season schedule has been tweaked and updated. You'll need to edit your RSVP to add the new final week.

No random pairings this week, as we'll form groups for Skins Games based on handicaps.

Everyone is on the WHITE tees, unless you tell me you'd like to move back. Do that in those comments below!


16 comments:

  1. Went ahead and moved Dave and Melberg back with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confirmed with Chris that blues are preferred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan is gonna join, so I'm just going to put him with you Blues Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d like to apply for a special guest membership to this tournament only. Match play against Dave. Give him a chance to redeem himself from the rapture a decade ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at Chandler bailing on group 1 under the auspices of grouping a tee box together. Recall how many times Chandler has insisted that multiple tee boxes don't slow down groups. Now think about his idea to group folks based on handicap (even though random has traditionally been how we do at least the first two weeks) because of the skins. Now check out how he's gone from a group that had Melberg, Faz, and Dave to a group that has the biggest reverse sandbagger in the league (How), a potentially hungover Buchert who has a chance to shoot a million if you give him a bottle of mimosa at tee 1, and home course Casey. Shit's fixed.

    Hope the Reid, John, Darren, and Adam group happens. Could be some good skins holes there. Can Darren's up and down pars steal a few on some blow up holes by the competition? Will Reid or John heat up and put up a few birdies each? Adam's been playing a bunch, apparently, so is he going to show up to the first tournament in good midseason form?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had VERY similar thoughts on Chandler being so willing to leave the group with the lowest handicaps in a skins event.

    But to be clear, as soon as we changed skins to be within the foursome, we’ve grouped by handicaps, regardless of where it falls on the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Dan, no special membership required if you and Dave want to have a side bet on a one on one match. Side betting is always encouraged amongst members and non-members alike. I think it’s even in the bylaws, I’m just too lazy to look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not so much that I was willing to bail... it's that Dan asked not to be placed with Gorecki. So, what's the most logical place to put him? Why not with all those other long hitters who *think* they are good at golf?

    As JW said... I do NOT think different tee boxes matter. But Dave doesn't like mixed groups (of anything). All colors need to be the same with Dave. So I'm really just appeasing him.

    Also... I'm now "bringing" Crum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Groups officially sorted by

    1) Course Handicap
    2) Handicap Index

    So we got some different match-ups than what was implied earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know... now that I think about it... JW and Faz are correct. Me not standing up to Dave's homogeneous obsessions is making me complicit. I'm putting it back to normal so I'm on the right side of history.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Proud of this club right now. Really making strides to better our world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Based on the Drew Brees model, I have like 8 more apologies to go before Sunday.

    So I might deflect the issue with some #content...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chandler is probably regretting his How to Win a Championship post after being called out on trying to get that "unfair, but undetectable advantage." Well done, JW. I also think that a million strokes is about right for the number of strokes I will need in order to keep it out of multiple pitcher territory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That "How to Win a Championship" post was a cry for help.

    ReplyDelete