We all waited for it to happen. There was no way it couldn't happen.
Death, taxes, and Geoff choking down the stretch.
Double on 13... triple on 14... double on 15... it was like clockwork.
Troy was in position to win his 4th tournament of the season — until he
ejected on the final hole with a triple bogey.
Geoff just needed to make 5 for the solo lead. He made a 4 (bogey), and the
crowd went wild. Complete pandemonium.
---------------------------------------
The course was tough. The greens were slow. The wind made it tricky to find those tiny putting surfaces. Overall the day was nice. Great turnout at the bar afterward.
The deadbeat list should be accurate. I'm hearing some noise about people thinking they don't owe pitchers... This is what happens when people take too long to pay debts. So comment if you feel there's an error.
---------------------------------------
Wednesday is our Spring Board Meeting. This is your last chance to comment and topics/ideas you'd like discussed. We'll also be setting the rules for the Membership Vote, which should start on Thursday.
Someone asked what the new guy's handicap index would be as of today:
Travis - 17.7
Billy - 19.4
Brian - 26.4
Tony - 28.2
---------------------------------------
Tomorrow I'll probably get the new RSVP link up for the Summer season and Rapture. We have three weeks off before we start back up... so go patch things up with the wife.
More importantly, the World Golf Rankings are looking nice! How many more events count?
ReplyDeleteIs it possible to get a glimpse of some of the topics/ideas the board might be discussing beforehand? This way I can write a letter to one of my local representatives to make my voice heard.
ReplyDeleteNext three events count.
ReplyDeleteImpossible for me to say what the other Directors will bring to the table. I have on my list that Buchert wants to LC&P on all “short courses”... Brendan wants us to drop OB balls in the fairway for 2 strokes... making new prospects get multiple sponsors, background checks, credit checks, and a Wonderlic test... and various things about how we are handling the vote this time around.
Keep in mind we can’t change any playing rules this meeting. We can change By-Laws though. And we can attempt to vote Gorecki out again.
I don’t know if I said I want that as a rule. I was just thrown off when it was presented to me as the rule from other avid golfers. I reluctantly played said rule with them, feeling guilty cause there is no way Dear Leader is wrong about rules. So much guilt that my golf game vanished, putting me in this OB drop in fairway - more guilt spiral. I should have stood up to them. I’m sorry.
ReplyDeleteYour exact quote was:
ReplyDeleteClarification on OB white stakes drop rule? Played with guys that said it’s 2 stroke penalty and drop in the fairway. The in the fairway was new to me. That makes it more appealing and speeds things up.
Sounds like you wanted it as a rule. With zero hint of guilt or shame. So I put it on my list to discuss.
I think the board needs to revisit the Gorecki rule for cancelling last minute. Seems like a lot of that has happened the last couple seasons. When Gorecki does it, it’s a big deal, but these other slackers are getting off too easy.
ReplyDeleteI'll add it to the list.
ReplyDeleteFor clarification, just last meeting we voted on this and determined that "bailing" before midnight was fine. What Geoff is referring to is the number of people who have bailed (for various reasons) the day before an event. It drastically changed the pairings this season a couple of times. Geoff thinks there should be a penalty for bailing within 48 hours (I believe that's what he told me on the range).
Pairings need to be reshuffled during Match Play and Skins weeks. No way around it.
I could stop reshuffling when 4-somes become 3-somes in all other weeks. But that's really not the best "pace of play" policy.
Moving to the fairway does make taking a two stroke penalty more appealing and it would speed things up. Those are facts not feelings. I typically don’t like sharing my feelings but I have them.
ReplyDeleteThe definition of "appealing" is: attractive or interesting.
ReplyDeleteThose are subjective terms. Not facts. I also highly doubt you don't covet attractive or interesting things.
Sometimes, people share their feelings without knowing they're doing so.
I don’t know what we are even debating anymore. Maybe we just look to do it on “short courses”.
ReplyDelete